Parenting. Let’s talk about it. Whether your child is 6 days or 6 years old parenting can lead to a mix of feelings from love and joy, to judgement, expectation, and frustration. Sometimes this can leave you feeling not so great about being a parent.
In this week’s episode of Yoga| Birth| Babies I speak with Rachel Bailey, a parenting specialist, mother of 2, and therapist. We dive into what it really is to be a parent nowadays. Rachel provides actionable steps we can take when we feel discomfort in the parenting role from journaling, to mindset shifts, to teachable moments.
It’s a wonderful conversation that I think you’re going to get a lot out of!
In this episode you will learn:
- Learn about Rachel and how she got into working with parents.
- Why we are so afraid to talk about how we really feel about parenting.
- Why it’s so important to talk about. How our children and ourselves can benefit from this practice.
- How to handle judgement from yourself or others about your feelings.
- How parenting has changed over the last few decades and how that has changed our perceptions of parenting.
- When you’re not feeling great about parenting, how you can shift out of those feelings.
- How to reframe our mindset when we’re not enjoying parenting.
- Managing expectations of parenthood and your children.
- Useful alternatives to punishment .
- The “Yuck Dump”.
- How to find actionable steps by identifying our discomforts.
- What to do in the moment when you feel triggered.
- A tip/piece of advice for new or expectant parents.
- Where you can find Rachel’s work.
Support Our Sponsors:
- Everlywell at home lab test is offering a special discount of 20% off an at-home lab test at www.everlywell.com/ybb
- Nutribullet: Go to nutribullet.com and use promo code YBB for 20% off your order.
- Boober: Looking for a lactation support, birth doulas, mental health therapists, and postpartum doulas. Use the code PYC to get 10% off your first service at www.getboober.com
- Prenatal Yoga Center: YBB podcast listeners- join Deb for class! Take $10 off an 8 class or One Month Unlimited yoga class package with the code ybb10 Get your package here!
Rachel Bailey is a Parenting Specialist who has been serving families for over a decade. Besides being a mother of two, she also has a Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology, a certification in Positive Discipline, and has provided services as an ADHD Coach, in-home mentor, and therapist.
Currently, Rachel teaches parents practical, long term tools for raising responsible, resilient, confident children… while reducing the stress and guilt in parents’ lives.
Connect with Rachel:
- Instagram: @rachelbaileyparenting
- Parenting As An Exhausted Parent and How Not To Lose Your Cool with Your Kids with Rachel Bailey (Yoga | Birth| Babies)
- Don’t forget to grab your FREE guide, 5 Simple Solutions to the Most Common Pregnancy Pains HERE
- If you love what you’ve been listening to, please leave a rating and review! Yoga| Birth|Babies
To connect with Deb and the PYC Community:
Instagram & Facebook: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center
*Join Deb for a yoga class, register here and use code ybb10 for $10 off an 8 Class or One Month Unlimited package!*