19 Aug “Parenting As An Exhausted Parent” & How To Not Lose Your Cool With Your Kids! with Rachel Bailey
Sigh…exhaustion! As a parent, who isn’t exhausted at times? What parent struggles with not losing their cool with their kids at some point? How do parents let go of the facade of control they think that have over their kids?
In this episode of Yoga| Birth|Babies, I speak with Clinical Psychologist and Parenting Specialist, Rachel Bailey. She gives solid and practical strategies for helping parents reconcile arguments, deescalate when they feel triggered, and truly take care of their own needs. For any parent who has felt overwhelmed or exhausted, this podcast is for you.
In this episode:
- Learn about how Rachel and how she got started in the parenting world.
- Discussing when are parents not exhausted with the physical and emotional demands of raising kids.
- Staying out of the “yuck”.
- How to help regulate ourselves.
- The difference between self-care and self-treatment.
- Steps to reconcile an argument.
- Understanding that we cannot control things out of our control.
- Strategies parents can use when they are physically and mentally exhausted but still need to rise to the occasion of being a present and attentive parent.
- What parents can do when they are getting triggered and about to lose their cool.
- What does it mean to be “in the moment parenting” and why it is the biggest waste of time?
- “Proactive parenting”, what it means and how it can be simpler, easier and lead to better behavior and more confidence in kids.
- How to fit “proactive parenting” into a busy lifestyle.
- The child’s age range to apply these parenting skills.
- One tip or piece of advice Rachel has for new and expecting parenting.
- Where you can find Rachel’s work!
Rachel Bailey is a Parenting Specialist who has been serving families for over a decade. Besides being a mother of two, she also has a Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology, a certification in Positive Discipline, and has provided services as an ADHD Coach, in-home mentor, and therapist.
Currently, Rachel teaches parents practical, long term tools for raising responsible, resilient, confident children… while reducing the stress and guilt in parents’ lives.
Support Our Sponsors:
Sick of planning new meals each night? Let Green Chef do the meal planning, grocery shopping, and most of the prep for you week after week Use my code ybb80 to get $80 off your first month plus free shipping on your first box! Go to greenchef.com/YBB80 to redeem and for more details. greenchef.com/YBB80
Connect with Rachel:
If you love what you’ve been listening to, please leave a rating and review! Yoga| Birth|Babies
To connect with Deb and the PYC Community:
instagram & facebook: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center