Childbirth Education Basics
Upcoming Dates: Dec 11 | Jan 15 | Feb 12 | Mar 12
This efficient childbirth preparation class is an interactive, intimate in-person group class. Our childbirth preparation classes are well rounded and accessible and you’ll have the opportunity to meet other expectant parents. All types of families and individuals are welcome.
Our childbirth preparation classes are well rounded and accessible and you’ll have the opportunity to meet other expectant parents, as well. All types of families and individuals are welcome.
This bundle will give you the foundation of skills to best care for your new baby so that you feel confident as you embark on parenthood!
Class is a blend of lecture, video, demonstration and will include, but not be limited to:
- Physiology of Labor and Birth
- Signs, Stages and Emotional Signposts of Labor
- Introduction to non-pharmacological Pain Management Techniques and pain medication options
- Understanding Birth Options
- Types of Labor Support–doula care, family, etc.
- Understanding Medical Support (Interventions)
- Cesarean Birth and Prevention
- First Moments after Birth
- Postpartum Care and Recovery
- Family-Centered Care
- How COVID-19 may impact your experience
There is no one right way to labor. We stand by the philosophy that birth is a normal process and hope to inspire confidence in everyone we teach by sharing what possible things to expect, helping you develop the skills to move through your labor, and leaving you feeling prepared to work through whatever your journey turns out to be. It is our goal to educate you about the full spectrum of options for birth, and then to support you unconditionally.