Newborn Care & Lactation Intensive
Learn infant care & body feeding with PYC & our partners at Boober
PYC’s Newborn Care and Lactation Intensive course helps expecting families become familiar with the basics of infant care & body feeding in the early days and weeks after birth to start with confidence!
Proof of vaccination is required for in person classes; vaccination cards will be checked by your teacher upon arrival at the studio. Please note Boober’s cancellation policy here.
We reserve the right to move any in-person workshops online if necessary.
SAT, APR 22
SAT, MAY 13
SAT, JUN 10
SAT, JUL 15
Purchase 3 months access
Topics covered will include:
- Understanding normal infant behavior, communication, appearance and sleep patterns
- Understanding common newborn procedures in the hospital
- Understanding the basics of soothing, diapering, umbilical cord care, bathing, and assessment of your baby
- Newborn warning signs and when to call the pediatrician
- Bottle feeding best practices, tips and techniques, burping, bottle cleaning, etc. and how to know if the baby is getting enough
- How to get breastfeeding/chestfeeding off to the best start
- How to help your infant latch-on and correct positioning
- How to know if the baby is getting enough milk
- How to avoid common lactation problems and when to call a lactation consultant
This class is instructed by our partners at Boober.
Boober is where expectant and new parents find classes and on-demand care providers like doulas, lactation consultants, mental health therapists, and more.