I feel like there are so many times people hear negative pregnancy and birth stories. Maybe someone goes past their due date or they’re a smaller body that has a bigger belly and they constantly hear “That’s a big baby!” or “oh you’re past your due date, or giving their opinions and it can absolutely influence how someone feels about themselves and their ability to give birth
To counter all of that, today on Yoga| Birth |Babies we have a community birth story. This one is full of amazing gems and takeaways talking about big babies, confidence, epidurals, pushing, and choosing your birth team. There’s so much that our guest Stephanie Gonzalez shares. I had the pleasure of having Steph as part of our PYC community quite early on in her pregnancy and well throughout the end of her pregnancy. She shared her birth story with me over an email and as soon as I read it I reached out and asked for her to share your story here on the podcast.
What I love about this episode is that Steph shares her confidence. I’m hoping that that can lead to confidence for others in our community. Sure, negative feedback and stories are everywhere (not just in the media, sometimes from our friends, family, and even medical professionals too). If hearing these comments leads you to feel not quite as grounded in your experience, I hope that you can remember that you’re not alone. Many have overcome these obstacles and walked away having really powerful births. I think you’re going to get that from Stephanie’s birth story.
In this episode you will learn:
- Learn about Steph.
- Learn how prepared for her birth.
- How Steph chose her birth team.
- How Steph’s prenatal education helped during her birth.
- Steph’s birth story.
- How Steph felt when there was discussion of a cesarean birth due to a “big baby”.
- What inspired Steph to know that she could birth a big baby.
- The reaction of friends and family to Steph’s desire for an unmedicated birth and to breastfeed her little one.
- How postpartum has been.
- One final tip/piece of advice Steph would like to share for new or expectant parents.
- Don’t forget to grab your FREE guide, 5 Simple Solutions to the Most Common Pregnancy Pains HERE
- If you love what you’ve been listening to, please leave a rating and review! Yoga| Birth|Babies (Apple) or on Spotify!
To connect with Deb and the PYC Community:
Instagram & Facebook: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center