What does “Family” mean to you? Today’s guest Julia Karol began to ask herself this question at the start of the pandemic. To get answers she turned to friends, family, neighbors, and experts. Along the way she found many answers and stumbled upon many variations of family. From alternative families, the family positivity movement, to solo parenting Julia was able to choose the path to a family that best suited her.
In today’s episode of Yoga| Birth| Babies I speak with Stork’d host Julia Karol about the many different types of families and specifically her journey as a solo parent. What I really enjoyed about this conversation is how stretched me beyond what I see on an everyday basis. It’s a really great conversation and I think you’re going to get a lot out of this.
In this episode you will learn:
- Learn about Julia and her journey into solo parenting.
- What Julia has found to be the most fulfilling about solo parenting.
- What Julia has found to be the most challenging.
- A dive into alternative family structures and building your ideal family using your values as a guide.
- What Julia has learned about alternative families.
- The Family Positivity Movement and tearing down the white picket fence!
- What “Family” means to Julia.
- Julia’s experience chasing a donor.
- One final tip/piece of advice Julia has for new and expectant parents.
- Where you can find Julia’s work.
Julia is building a family. Along the way, she is asking anyone and everyone about how they came to make the decisions they did regarding family life. She’s opening up an honest, funny, raw, and earnest conversation looking at what creating a family really means and how it might show up differently than expected on her podcast Stork’d. Join Julia as she explores the concept of modern alternative families. Episodes feature everyday friends, family, neighbors, and experts sharing their own journey to define and create a family.
Connect with Julia:
- Don’t forget to grab your FREE guide, 5 Simple Solutions to the Most Common Pregnancy Pains HERE
- If you love what you’ve been listening to, please leave a rating and review! Yoga| Birth|Babies (Apple) or on Spotify!
To connect with Deb and the PYC Community:
Instagram & Facebook: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center