Today we’re going to talk about riding the wave of grief. This episode is for those of you who are going through or supporting someone going through pregnancy and infant loss.
To have this conversation I invited Devora Entin licensed clinical social worker specializing in perinatal and reproductive health onto today’s episode of Yoga | Birth | Babies. We talk about riding the waves of grief, working through one’s pain when suffering through this loss, and the importance of having conversations about infant loss. We also talk about finding confidence and working through anxiety and nervousness of that pregnancy after loss. For those supporting someone who is grieving we talk about the best ways to offer support and things you might want to avoid saying.
Dvora offers so much in this conversation and she offers it with such hope. I’m honored to share this episode with you.
In this episode you will learn:
- Dvora’s journey to focusing on reproductive and prenatal mental health.
- ***TW*** Pregnancy and infant loss.
- The importance of talking about infant loss.
- Ways to ride the wave of grief and work through their pain of loss.
- Ways to support someone who’s lost a baby.
- Things NOT to say to someone who’s suffered a loss.
- Building confidence to restart the journey.
- Ways to work through anxiety of pregnancy loss.
- Offerings to celebrate and acknowledge the life and loss of a baby.
- One final tip/ piece of advice Dvora would like to offer new or expectant parents.
- Where can find Dvora’s work.
Dvora Entin, LCSW, PMH-C specializes in reproductive and perinatal mental health, with advanced training by Postpartum Support International, ASRM and the MISS Foundation in compassionate bereavement. Dvora is a clinical consultant for Yesh Tikva (Jewish Infertility) and K’nafayim (Pregnancy Loss) and is a lead trainer for Postpartum Support International, recently launching their Perinatal Loss Advanced training. As an adjunct professor at Wurzweiler School of Social Work, she developed a Maternal Mental Health curriculum for MSW students and teaches Coping with Loss. Dvora is the program director of JFCS Philly’s Safety Kid Initiative , coordinating child abuse prevention programming across all Jewish Day Schools in Philadelphia. A recent graduate of Council For Relationship’s Sex Therapy post-graduate training, Dvora maintains a group private practice in Philadelphia and consults and presents nationally about mental health and supporting those in struggle.
Connect with Dvora:
- Don’t forget to grab your FREE guide, 5 Simple Solutions to the Most Common Pregnancy Pains HERE
- If you love what you’ve been listening to, please leave a rating and review! Yoga| Birth|Babies (Apple) or on Spotify!
To connect with Deb and the PYC Community:
Instagram & Facebook: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center