When I heard about the new book The Yoga of Parenting, I knew I had to have author Sarah Ezrin as a guest here on Yoga| Birth| Babies! Now I promise this isn’t a book report, it’s a very lively conversation. I must say that I marked up my copy of this book with stars, highlights, circles, underlines, I resonated with so much. You’ll hear me use that word a lot in our conversation and I mean it, as I read this book something in my body started vibrating in resonance with Sarah’s words.
Sarah is an author, yoga educator, content creator, and Mama of two. In this podcast we cover energy management, boundaries, finding pause and stillness before reacting to our children and our nervous system. There’s a lot yoga can teach us about pausing before we react, how we can really learn from our children, and of course our nervous system moving fight and flight to rest and digest. We cover a lot of material in this conversation. Sarah is an overall fantastic and fun person and I think you’re really going to enjoy this episode.
In this episode you will learn:
- Learn about Sarah and what inspired her to write The Yoga of Parenting.
- How Sarah’s yoga practice has influenced her parenting.
- Energy management as a parent.
- Boundary setting, turning our intentions into reality.
- Finding a pause and stillness before reacting.
- How to get our nervous systems acclimated to our children.
- Learning from the challenges of parenthood.
- How a loss can be a beginning.
- Some of Sarah’s favorite yoga based practices for parents.
- One final piece of advice for new and expectant parents.
- Where you can find Sarah’s work.
SARAH EZRIN is a freelance writer, yoga educator of 15 years, and mama based in the San Francisco Bay Area. Her honesty, experience, and innate wisdom make her writing, classes, and social media sources of healing for many people. Sarah is a frequent contributor to Yoga Journal, as well as Yoga International and LA Yoga. She has been interviewed in The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and Bustle.com, and she has appeared on NBC news. She also writes for parenting outlets, including Scary Mommy, Motherly, Healthline, and Mind Body Green.
Connect with Sarah:
- Don’t forget to grab your FREE guide, 5 Simple Solutions to the Most Common Pregnancy Pains HERE
- If you love what you’ve been listening to, please leave a rating and review! Yoga| Birth|Babies (Apple) or on Spotify!
To connect with Deb and the PYC Community:
Instagram & Facebook: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center