23 Oct Postpartum Psychosis
Nobody ever enters parenthood and thinks having a baby would land them in the psych ward. But that is exactly what happened with Lisa Abramson. On this episode of Yoga| Birth|Babies, I speak with executive coach, mindfulness teacher, best selling author, and mom of two girls, Lisa Abramson.
Lisa is also a survivor of postpartum psychosis, a rare and severe maternal mental health condition. In this deep and honest conversation, Lisa shares her story and paths to recovery with postpartum psychosis. This important episode helps shed the stigma of mental health issues.
In this episode:
- Lisa’s story about her pregnancy, birth, and experience with postpartum psychosis.
- The difference between postpartum depression and anxiety and postpartum psychosis.
- Signs of postpartum psychosis.
- How prevalent is postpartum psychosis?
- Lisa’s steps for recovery.
- Leaning to trust herself again as a mother and the road back to motherhood.
- The tools and skills Lisa learned during her recovery in the MOMS program.
- How the MOMS program helped Lisa reintegrate into early motherhood.
- How Lisa overcome the fear her postpartum psychosis would return after her second baby.
- The mental health plans she had in place for her second baby.
- How Lisa approached her second pregnancy differently.
- What prompted Lisa to share her story.
- One tip or piece of advise she would offer new or expectant parents.
- Where can people find Lisa’s work!
About Lisa Abramson:
Lisa Abramson is an executive coach, mindfulness teacher, best selling author and mom of two girls. She’s also a survivor of postpartum psychosis, a rare and severe maternal mental health condition.
Lisa’s website: https://www.lisaabramson.com/
Lisa’s Free 5 Day Mindset Reset Challenge: https://www.lisaabramson.com/stronger
TEDx Talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6glBDRZUAM0
Support Our Sponsors and Get Exclusive Discounts!
- For FREE and EASY photo sharing with friend and family, visit https://family-album.com
- Esembly is a reusable diapering system that equips families with everything they need to diaper sustainably. From diapers to skincare and laundry, Diaperkind does the laundry for you and delivers fresh clean cotton diapers to your doorstep every week! Learn more at esemblybaby.com and diaperkind.com And use code PrenatalPodcast10 for 10% off your first order.