When I was pregnant with my first, instead of asking for clothes, onesies, and all of the stuff babies come with I asked for hours with a postpartum doula. My friends pooled their money and got me a day of postpartum doula support and it was the best gift I received. My husband and I were literally waiting on pins and needles for our doula to arrive after my son was born. Despite being a doula and having attended many births, I held my son and thought what do we do with this new baby? Our doula arrived and provided much needed support, confidence, education and the chance for me to rest.
In today’s episode of Yoga | Birth | Babies I speak with Kristin Revere, doula, podcast host, and cofounder of Gold Coast Doulas. I was particularly curious about an aspect of postpartum doulas I was unfamiliar with, overnight work. I learned so much, it’s a really fantastic conversation. As Kristin so beautifully put “Our goal is to optimize rest for the entire family.”
For our parents-to-be who are worried about sleepless nights, this episode is for you!
In this episode you will learn:
- Learn about Kristin and how she landed in the perinatal world.
- What a postpartum doula is.
- What a postpartum doula does.
- The difference between a daytime and nighttime postpartum doula.
- How a postpartum doula differs from a baby nurse.
- Typically, how long someone may have the support of a postpartum doula.
- How an overnight postpartum doula arrangement typically works.
- How much time a postpartum doula spends with the clients before the baby is born.
- How much postpartum planning the postpartum doula does with the family.
- What’s involved in postpartum planning.
- One final tip/piece of advice Kristin offers new or expectant parents.
- Where you can find Kristin’s work.
Support Our Sponsor:
Ritual: Turn healthy habits into a ritual. For 10% off your first 3 months go to ritual.com/ybb
Kristin Revere is the owner and Founder of Gold Coast Doulas. She is a certified elite birth and postpartum and infant care doula. Kristin co-hosts the Ask the Doulas podcast and Co-Founded the Becoming A Mother online course. She has been a birth doula for nine years and a postpartum doula for seven. Her passion is offering judgment-free support to women.
Connect with Kristin:
- Instagram: @goldcoastdoulas
- Don’t forget to grab your FREE guide, 5 Simple Solutions to the Most Common Pregnancy Pains HERE
- If you love what you’ve been listening to, please leave a rating and review! Yoga| Birth|Babies
To connect with Deb and the PYC Community:
Instagram & Facebook: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center