We’re back with another favorite type of podcast episode, a birth story! I absolutely love the birth stories from our community. It truly is special and a joy to watch the students move through pregnancy, hear their birth stories and then come back postpartum. We have students who come in often for class and I really get to know and witness them as they go through their journey.
Sharing their birth story today is, Ivana Đurović, who brings a big smile to my face and all who meet her. Ivana was born and raised in Serbia. She came to New York for grad school to receive her PhD in Linguistics. Along the way she met her husband, got married and now they have their first baby together.
Ivana shares how magical her birth was and I adore how she describes her experience. There are many real traumatic births we hear about happening in the world. Ones we hope to learn from to help other parents avoid having a similar experience. It’s also important to hear about the wonderful birth experiences folks do have, because these positive births do happen too. Hearing about positive birth experiences can inspire parents to do the best they can to achieve this outcome. When we’re able to hear positive birth stories, it can be healing from the traumatic birth stories we’ve heard. If your birth was challenging, my hope for you is you may receive some healing by listening to Ivana’s birth experience. May this episode be inspiring and comforting to those in need. I am honored to share today’s story with you all.
In this episode you will learn:
- About Ivana.
- Ways Ivana mentally and physically prepared for labor and birth.
- Qualities Ivana factored in when choosing a doula for support.
- Ivana’s birth story.
- Support Ivana’s doula and husband gave her during birth that made a difference in managing labor.
- Ways community played a role in Ivana’s pregnancy and journey to parenthood.
- Lessons Ivana learned from early parenting.
- One final tip or piece of advice Ivana would like to offer new and expectant parents.
Born and raised in Serbia, came to NYC for grad school (PhD in Linguistics). Met a Dutch guy on a flight on her way to a conference. Got married during the pandemic, and got pregnant before finishing PhD. Grad school and teaching are on pause now. Just before she got pregnant she was going to train for a yoga instructor.
- Don’t forget to grab your FREE guide, 5 Simple Solutions to the Most Common Pregnancy Pains HERE
- If you love what you’ve been listening to, please leave a rating and review! Yoga| Birth|Babies (Apple) or on Spotify!
To connect with Deb and the PYC Community:
Instagram & Facebook: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center