Have you thought about approaching birth from a physiological standpoint? Today we are going to talk about how to best prepare for a physiological birth. Let’s discuss why it’s important to physically and mentally prepare for birth and not just “wing it” and see what happens. We’ll explore how you get your partner involved, if you’re partnered. Getting your doula and care provider all on the same page is crucial for your birthing experience. Let’s not forget about the pelvis! We’ll discuss how to prepare the pelvis and the pelvic floor. We can’t have a conversation about birth and not include how essential the pelvis and pelvic floor is, am I right?!
To have this conversation, I have Krisha Crosley joining us today on Yoga| Birth| Babies. She is Serenity Life Doula, natural birth coach and natural birth trainer.
This is a fantastic conversation! Krisha has such great advice to offer you. Krisha is hardcore, but I appreciate the way she trains. It’s really a full body experience offering. While she is an elite athlete herself, she still has ways to support everyone that wants to work with her at any level of athletic experience. She’s really smart about why and how we train our bodies. Her suggestions are incredibly helpful and I think you’re going to receive so much from our conversation. I’m excited for you to hear this conversation.
In this episode you will learn:
- About Krisha and how they got into birth work.
- The importance of preparing for a physiological birth instead of just winging it.
- The importance of mentally preparing for birth.
- What training looks like when Krisha works with pregnant folks?
- Krisha’s favorite ways to prepare the pelvis and the pelvic floor for birth.
- Ways Krisha involves a partner/doula in the training.
- Ways Krisha suggests parents check in with their care provider to make sure everyone is on the same page? Part of preparing for a physiological birth is making sure the whole team is on board and supports this.
- How Krisha’s training can help someone pivot should needs for meds or a cesarean occur.
- Krisha’s one tip or piece of advice they would like to offer new or expectant parents.
- Stay connected with Krisha.
Krisha Crosley, Serenity Life Doula, is a natural birth coach and natural birth trainer with her renowned Train for Birth workshop in the Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas area. Krisha has had a passion to help others live a happier life and encourage them to accomplish their goals through action and accountability. Being a Division 1 collegiate athlete and earning a Bachelor’s of Science in Biology has given her life skills to be a leader, coach/train others, encourage others, be punctual, be accountable, use time wisely and learn how to adapt to unwanted situations very fast to change into a positive situation. Krisha’s goals are to educate expecting moms on their birthing game day play options so they can make knowledgeable decisions about their body, their birth and their baby, to help condition their body and mind to labor their baby across their finish line with confidence, to help expecting dads be an active participant in their birthing experience and to take the mystery and fear out of childbirth. Her passion lies with first time moms and women with a heart of an athlete who desires a home or birth center birthing experience.
Connect with Krisha:
- Don’t forget to grab your FREE guide, 5 Simple Solutions to the Most Common Pregnancy Pains HERE
- If you love what you’ve been listening to, please leave a rating and review! Yoga| Birth|Babies (Apple) or on Spotify!
To connect with Deb and the PYC Community:
Instagram & Facebook: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center