Today on Yoga| Birth | Babies we have an absolutely gripping, fascinating, and very NYC birth story. As my guest Alexis Field puts it, “It was the wildest night of my life and the birth I had always hoped for.”
I’ve listened to birth stories for years and I love each and every one. What I absolutely love about Alexis’ birth story is that in addition to being a fantastic, empowering, and exciting tale, Alexis (the parent who gave birth), is a performer. She knows how to hold the space and really tell a story. You are going to be thrilled as you hear Alexis share how her labor and birth experience unfolded, it really is wild.
For those of you based here in NYC, I know you’ll be able to envision the five floor walk up that she lives in (and how her husband has to help people in and out of the building). Alexis will have you on the edge of your seat. I’m so excited for you to feel inspired and excited and root for Alexis throughout her story.
In this episode you will learn:
- Learn a bit about Alexis.
- How Alexis prepared for birth.
- What Alexis’ mindset was like going into Childbirth education classes.
- The tools Alexis found most helpful during birth and how they compared to what she was planning on using.
- Alexis’ birth story.
- How Alexis’ background as a performer helped carry her through labor and birth.
- How postpartum has been for Alexis.
- One tip/piece of advice Alexis would like to offer new and expectant parents.
- Where you can find Alexis’ work and connect with her.
Since weaseling her way into a community theatre production of Fiddler on the Roof at the tender age of 4, Alexis has maintained her passion for the spotlight. An NYC based actress, Alexis’ performances have ranged from the innocent to the profane with nothing identifiable in the center. During her first trimester Alexis produced/wrote/starred in her one woman concert “Tindering Across America” a musical chronicle of her real life search for love while on tour with the show “50 Shades! The Musical Parody.” A modern day renaissance gal, Alexis is also Kripalu Certified Yoga instructor and part time Baby Music teacher at The Children’s Museum of Manhattan and Tig & Peach in Pelham, NY— Although right now she’s enjoying being a new mom and singing to her 3 month old Anita Lenox.
Connect with Alexis:
- Don’t forget to grab your FREE guide, 5 Simple Solutions to the Most Common Pregnancy Pains HERE
- If you love what you’ve been listening to, please leave a rating and review! Yoga| Birth|Babies (Apple) or on Spotify!
To connect with Deb and the PYC Community:
Instagram & Facebook: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center