When you think about preparing your home for the arrival of your new baby your mind might go to a place of baby-proofing and purchasing toys and gear like cribs and high chairs. However, what if you home didn’t need more stuff? Today we’re looking at how to create an environment that encourages your baby’s growth and honors their developmental stages through the Montessori lens
To have this conversation, I invited Jeanne-Marie Paynel onto Yoga | Birth | Babies. Jeanne-Marie is a parenting mentor, Montessori home consultant, a doula, host of The Art of Parenting podcast and founder of Your Parenting Mentor. We have a fantastic conversation and in full disclosure I drink the Montessori punch. Both my kids went to Montessori preschools. We took a lot of their offerings and brought them home, so this topic and approach really resonated with me. I deeply value what is being discussed about the idea that we need to get more and more and more to better support our child’s growth but often it’s actually about being more simplistic. I love this approach to encourage kids to discover on their own, allow them to be who they really are, and see things from their point of view, (and I mean literally getting down on the ground to do this). I’m really excited for you to listen to this conversation.
In this episode you will learn:
- Learn a bit about Jeanne-Marie and what led her to becoming a Parenting Mentor, Montessori Home Consultant and Doula.
- The Montessori philosophy.
- How the Montessori philosophy can show up in how we choose to parent.
- How the Montessori philosophy influences how we can prepare our home for baby.
- How the home environment affects a child’s behavior.
- Some basic steps to preparing your home to welcome a child.
- How simplifying and minimizing your home helps everyone’s well-being.
- The benefit of eating together as a family.
- One final tip/piece of advice Jeanne-Marie would like to offer new and expectant parents.
- Where you can find Jeanne-Marie’s work.
Jeanne-Marie Paynel, M.Ed, is a Parenting Mentor, Montessori Home Consultant and Doula supporting parents to confidently raise the next generation of good-hearted humans.
She’s the host of The Art of Parenting podcast and founder of Your Parenting Mentor where she guides expectant parents, caregivers and parents of young children to better prepare their homes and themselves for their children to thrive during the first six crucial years of life.
She believes that a supportive and peaceful home atmosphere will allow every child to flourish as an independent confident and capable learner. She combines her many passions to serve her community: Montessori, RIE, Conscious Parenting, Positive Discipline and Mindfulness.
Her mission is to help parents appreciate the true importance of their role – not as servants or teachers, but as supporters and guides of their children’s natural development.
Connect with Jeanne-Marie:
- Don’t forget to grab your FREE guide, 5 Simple Solutions to the Most Common Pregnancy Pains HERE
- If you love what you’ve been listening to, please leave a rating and review! Yoga| Birth|Babies (Apple) or on Spotify!
To connect with Deb and the PYC Community:
Instagram & Facebook: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center