27 May The Ultimate Guide to Sex After Baby with Debra Pascali Bonaro
Why does society accept the deeply embedded belief that mothers can’t be sexy? Saturday Night Live just re-aired their “Mom Jeans” skit poking fun at “moms”. Emphasizing that once someone because a mother they trade in the sexy body, cute clothes, and sense of self for a frumpy bodied person with poor fashion sense who is fully family focused.
In this episode of Yoga|Birth|Babies, I speak with award winning documentarian, author, world renowned speaker and acclaimed doula, Debra Pascali-Bonaro.
Debra and I have a fun and lively conversation about her new book, The Ultimate Guide to Sex After Baby: Secrets to Love and Intimacy. Debra explains why so many people put sexuality and motherhood into two very different realms and how motherhood figures can reclaim their sexy wild woman. Debra offers amazing insight and advice for maintaining your connection to your partner and honoring your own personal needs.
In this episode:
- Learn about Debra and what brought her to this work.
- The inspiration for her new book, The Ultimate Guide to Sex After Baby: Secrets to Love and Intimacy.
- The unspoken gap that often grows between new parents in the first years of parenthood.
- Sensuality and sexuality in pregnancy and birth.
- The acronym PLEASURES
- The importance of finding and enjoying pleasure and encouraging someone to find their own sexual pleasure.
- Can sexuality and motherhood be combined?
- How one’s beliefs about sexuality and parenting affect their sexuality and their relationships with themselves and their partner.
- Strategies for co-parenting and putting efforts into being a good parent while also maintaining a connection with your partner.
- How one’s birth story may affect their sexuality post birth.
- Appreciate your new postpartum body!
- “Pleasure breaks”
- How to find your sexy wild inner woman?
- One tip or piece of advise for new or expectant parents
- Where to find Debra’s work
Debra Pascali-Bonaro is a world-renowned inspirational speaker, filmmaker, doula trainer, childbirth educator, and author. Debra’s latest book, an Amazon #1 New Release, The Ultimate Guide to Sex After Baby: Secrets to Love and Intimacy brings together her passion for pleasure in every aspect of life with her Jersey-Girl attitude of talking about what no one is talking about!Â Debra is a mother, grandmother and featured expert in parenting journals and media around the world.Â
Debra Pascali-Bonaro is also Co-Chair of the International Childbirth Initiative and Chair of the International MotherBaby Childbirth Initiative both of which promote safe, respectful childbirth maternity care. She is a Lamaze International childbirth educator, birth and postpartum doula trainer with DONA International, Director of the award-winning documentary Orgasmic Birth: The Best-Kept Secret, co-writer of â€œOrgasmic Birth: Your Guide to a Safe, Satisfying and Pleasurable Birthâ€ Â and the Founder & President of the revolutionary online childbirth class Pain to Power, which prepares expectant mothers, fathers, and partners to be positively prepared for birth and focuses on the intimate and sacred nature of birth. Debra’s passion comes from her over 30 years of working with women, men, midwives, doulas, physicians and nurses in over 40 countries bringing comfort, love, and pleasure to birth and life!
If you love what you’ve been listening to, please leave a rating and review! Yoga| Birth|Babies
To connect with Deb and the PYC Community:
instagram & facebook: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center