There’s a reason this podcast caught your eye, likely because you’re feeling a bit stressed and want to know how this could affect your pregnancy and baby. While stress is a normal part of life, especially at times of great change, like pregnancy and new parenthood, it could create imbalances in the nervous system, endocrine system, and immune system.
In this episode of Yoga| Birth|Babies, I speak with the leading integrative high-risk pregnancy specialist and author, Parijat Deshpande. Parijat explains what exactly is stress and how our bodies react to stress. She also shares how small simple movements and calling upon your 5 senses can help release stress and come back into your body.
In this episode you will learn:
- About Parijat and what drew her to focusing on supporting new and expectant parents with high risk pregnancies, stress and trauma.
- Parijat’s personal story of releasing stress during her pregnancy complication that kept her baby in for two weeks longer than the doctors predicted!
- How movement helps release stress.
- What is stress?
- Finding balance in the nervous system, endocrine system, and immune system.
- How stress affects the pregnant person
- How stress affects the baby.
- Ways stress show up in the body and mind.
- How much stress is detrimental for pregnant people?
- Using your 5 senses to be present in your body
- Natural tools our bodies already contain to help us cope with daily stress.
- Why it isn’t possible to completely remove fear.
- Ways to communicate with your care provider to ensure you are supported during your pregnancy and birth.
- One final tip/piece of advice Parijat offers new or expectant parents
- Where can people find Parijat’s work
Parijat Deshpande (PAA-ree-jaath desh-PAAN-day) is the leading integrative high-risk pregnancy specialist, somatic trauma professional and speaker and author who guides women to improve their pregnancy complications so they can reduce their risk of preterm birth. Her unique neurobiological approach has served hundreds of women to manage pregnancy complications and reclaim a safety and trust in their bodies that they thought was eroded forever. Parijat is the author of bestselling book Pregnancy Brain: A Mind-Body Approach to Stress Management During a High-Risk Pregnancy. She is also the host of the popular podcast Delivering Miracles®️, that discusses the real, raw side of family-building including infertility, loss, high-risk pregnancy, bed rest, prematurity and healing once baby comes home.
Connect with Parijat:
- Website: https://parijatdeshpande.com/
- IG: @healthy.highriskpregnancy
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ParijatDesh/
Support Our Sponsors
- Lovevery: Get free shipping when you sign up to receive your Play Kits at LoveEvery.com/YBB
- Unidragon: Go to unidragon.com and use my code: YBB for 10% off your purchase.
If you love what you’ve been listening to, please leave a rating and review! Yoga| Birth|Babies
To connect with Deb and the PYC Community:
Instagram & Facebook: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center