08 Apr Preparing for Postpartum During COVID-19 with Grace Veras Sealy
Bringing home a baby during a pandemic has unique challenges. New parents can no longer rely on the help and support of family, friends, or a doula to share the workload and take the pressure off of learning how to care for a newborn.
For those expecting a baby during COVID-19, this special episode of Yoga| Birth|Babies may help ease your anxiety. My guest, New York City based childbirth educator, postpartum doula and lactation counselor, Grace Veras Sealy, offers very solid and supportive ideas for how to navigate new parenthood with limited external help. Grace also provides wonderful questions new parents should ask their care providers and pediatricians before their birth.
In this episode:
- Learn about Grace and her work as a labor support and postpartum doula.
- How Grace is supporting her clients during COVID-19.
- How to begin planning and preparing for your postpartum at this time.
- Navigating postpartum during a pandemic without the extra hands of family, friends or a doula?
- Practical things parents should stock up on ahead of time.
- Warning signs new parents should know since they may not be able to easily see their care provider.
- Questions parents should ask their pediatricians since they will have limited access.
- Telehealth Appointments, are they covered by your insurance?
- Finding out how long partners can stay in the hospital.
- How long birthing people will stay in the hospital after delivery?
- Where to find Grace!
Grace Veras Sealy is a New York City based Childbirth Educator, Birth and Postpartum doula, lactation counselor and midwive’s assistant. She began working as a postpartum doula after the birth of her 2nd daughter, and over 10 years after starting to work as a birth doula. She currently teaches childbirth and breastfeeding classes at a local hospital, works with newborn families all over Manhattan, Brooklyn and parts of Queens and works as a birth assistant at the Brooklyn Birthing Center and with several home birth midwives.
If you love what you’ve been listening to, please leave a rating and review! Yoga| Birth|Babies