I have yet to meet a parent who hasn’t struggled through a child’s tantrum or other challenging moments. Wouldn’t it be amazing if we knew exactly what to do to manage or even avoid tantrums?
In this episode of Yoga|Birth|Babies, I speak with the co-founders of Big Little Feelings, child therapist, Deena Margolin LMFT and parent coach, Kristin Gallant about creating a practical action plan to navigate all the tough moments with your children. We talk about meltdowns, and tantrums, how to avoid them, what do to if you when the tantrum is already underway, and setting clear boundaries.
In this episode:
- Learn about Deena and Kristin and how they came together to create Big Little Feelings.
- How to handle tantrums.
- The “Yes- No Sandwich”
- Tips to stop tantrums before they start.
- So if we didn’t quite get the tantrum controlled – tips to de-escalate the tantrum!
- Does it help to understand why the tantrum started?
- Supporting the parent who constantly feels they are getting the glares, head shakes or whispers about having “that child- the one who is a handful”.
- What part of tantrums is natural child development and what are signs that there could be an underlying sensory or self regulation issue?
- One tip or piece of advice Deena and Kristin have for new and expectant parents.
- Where to find Kristin and Deena’s work!
About Big Little Feelings:
Kristin Gallant (right) is a mom of two toddlers and a parent coach, and Deena Margolin, LMFT 105375 (left) is a child therapist and mom-to-be, and together, they created Big Little Feelings. Instead of vague parenting theories, they bring you real tips for real toddler problems – everything from tantrums to bedtime battles, power struggles, and sibling challenges – so you can calm the chaos in your home and get back to enjoying your family.
Connect with Big Little Feelings:
- Online: biglittlefeelings.com
- Instagram: @biglittlefeelings
If you love what you’ve been listening to, please leave a rating and review! Yoga| Birth|Babies
To connect with Deb and the PYC Community:
instagram & facebook: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center