31 Jul MotherSHIFT: Supporting Women Through the Identity Shift of Motherhood
Few experiences in life create such a sudden shift on so many deep levels like entering parenthood. In this episode of Yoga|Birth|Babies, I speak with writer, women’s mentor, doula and founder of MotherSHIFT, Jessie Harrold about embodying the rite of passage into motherhood.
Jessie helps guide women through the transition into parenthood through her program MotherSHIFT. She thoughtfully explores this massive identity shift and helps you makes sense of the you are now; mother, partner, person. In our discussion Jessie offers solid insight to these gates of transition and listeners will walk away with solid tools to help navigate this maze like experience.
In this episode:
- Learn a bit about Jessie and what brought her to her work.
- Jessie’s transition into parenthood and how that inspired her work.
- The biggest changes and struggles Jessie sees among her clients as they move deep into early motherhood.
- An explanation of the different stages of embodying the shift into motherhood
- The 8 specific parts of MotherSHIFT and the gates of transition.
- What to do when struggling with the “release” stage of moving deeper into motherhood.
- Ways to support new parents honor and attune to their postpartum body.
- Where to find Jessie’s work
Jessie Harrold is a mother, writer, women’s mentor and doula. She is the founder of MotherSHIFT, a program to support women through the identity shift of motherhood, and author of a forthcoming book of the same name. Jessie also guides women through other times of deep transition, leads wilderness quests, facilitates Sacred Pregnancy Retreats, and offers reWILD, a program that helps women connect with themselves, the earth, and with a sense of community. She is currently on tour with her first book, Project Body Love: my quest to love my body and the surprising truth I found instead. When not writing or teaching or greeting new babies, Jessie can be found hanging out with her husband and two children, and tending to her land.
Connect with Jessie:
Facebook + insta: @jessie.es.harrold