25 Aug How To Approach Your VBAC With Confidence with Meagan Heaton of VBAC Links
VBAC’s are a birth option that one comes to with a great deal of preparation and planning. If this is your envisioned birth option, likely you desire the chance to experience a vaginal birth. To help see that vision come true, it’s important to stack the cards in your favor and one of the best ways to do that is by aligning yourself with a supportive team.
In this episode of Yoga|Birth|Babies, I speak with Meagan Heaton, doula, childbirth educator, and co-founder of VBAC Links. Meagan’s mission is to provide evidence-based education and support for those who wish to try for a VBAC. In our conversation, Meagan dispels some of the myths surrounding VBACs and also helps debunk the “VBAC calculator.” She also shares “red flags” that a pregnant person may want to look out for when interviewing care providers about a potential VBAC.
In this episode you will learn:
- About Meagan, how she ended up focusing on VBACS and began working with Julie Francom.
- What is a VBAC?
- What makes someone a good candidate for a VBAC.
- Statistics of VBACs for those who attempt them.
- Ways that people can stack the cards in their favor to have a VBAC.
- Red flags that the provider you are with is not really VBAC supportive.
- The VBAC calculator.
- The accuracy of the VBAC calculator.
- What factors are taken into consideration with the VBAC calculator.
- If someone comes up with an unfavorable result from the VBAC calculator, suggestions they may consider with in moving forward with a VBAC.
- One tip/piece of advice Meagan has for new or expectant parents.
- Where can people find VBAC Links!
Meagan along with Julie Francom are the founders of VBAC links and are VBAC moms, birth doulas, and educators whose mission is to make birth after Cesarean better.
They are the VBAC experts who provide evidence-based education, support, and have a community of like-minded people to help you on your journey.
They break down the medical talk and present it to you in a simple way so you can feel confident and prepared. You deserve the best information, and we are here to give it to you.
Connect with Meagan:
- Instagram: @thevbaclink
Support Our Sponsors:
- Osea: Try OSEA risk-free for 30 days and get free shipping on orders over $50. They even send free samples with every order! Get 10% off your first order with my promo code YBB at OSEAmalibu.com
- Make meal time a little easier! Go to GreenChef.com/ybb100 and use code ybb100 to get $100 off including free shipping!
If you love what you’ve been listening to, please leave a rating and review! Yoga| Birth|Babies
To connect with Deb and the PYC Community:
instagram & facebook: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center