29 May Getting Real with Peleton’s Kristin McGee
We’ve all met those people we start chatting with and instantly decide, I want to know more about you. As Krisitn and I casually talked during the breaks of Prenatal Yoga Center’s Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training, (which she was enrolled in) I started to realized how our personal paths mirrored one another and even intertwined at times. I loved hearing her open and honest experience of her two very different births and was delighted to “talk shop” about yoga “back in the day!” I discovered we even studied with the same teacher, Cyndi Lee at the former OM Yoga Center.
This episode of Yoga|Birth|Babies captures a fun, honest, and open chat between two yogis, mothers and teachers. Kristen talks about the evolution of her yoga teaching and practice that has spanned more then two decades and how she manages life and 3 kids under 4 years old! Please enjoy!
In this episode:
- Learn a little about Kristin and what brought her down the path of yoga.
- How her yoga practiced, which has spanned more then two decades, changed throughout her life and especially once she became a mother.
- The yoga world with a 20 year perspective.
- How Kristin’s teaching shifted through out her career.
- Since completing the Prenatal Yoga Center Teacher Training, how Kristin now approaches teaching prenatal yoga.
- Kristin’s struggles with infertility and early parenthood.
- The importance of being on the same page with parenting styles to avoid relationship issues.
- A tale of two births! Kristin talks about the difference between an unmedicated vaginal birth and a planned cesarean with twins.
- Kristin’s postpartum experiences.
- What Kristin has found to be the biggest challenge as a mother.
- What has delightfully surprised Kristin about being a mother she wasn’t expecting.
- A tip or piece of advice for new or expectant parents.
- Where you can find Kristin’s work!
About Kristin McGee:
Kristin McGee is a celebrity yoga and Pilates instructor in New York City. She iscurrently teaching yoga with Peloton. She is the star of over 100 videos, seen in several magazines and tv shows and is a spokeswoman for many brands and causes she believes in. A proud mom to three, she sure keeps herself busy!
Connect with Kristin: