I don’t know about you, but as a parent I’m busy! It seems there’s never enough time in the day to get through family, work, and personal to do lists. So how can parents accomplish what needs to get done without burning out?
As today’s guest Rachel Nielson points out, “time isn’t a naughty child that needs to be managed, it’s something to make peace with.” In this episode of Yoga|Birth|Babies I talk to fellow podcaster, business owner, and Mom Rachel Nielson about how to successfully manage time and expectations as a parent. Rachel introduces us to the concept of containerizing our life, gives us tips on how to shift our focus, and tangible tools that will help you and your family have time for everything that matters.
In this episode you will learn:
- Learn about Rachel, her journey to Motherhood and her what led her to creating 3 in 30 Takeaways for Moms.
- Time Management, is it helpful or problematic?
- “Perpetual” and “Finite” personalities in terms of time perception and management.
- How to stop obsessing over time.
- Containerize your life, what that means and how to do it.
- Managing our focus, not our time.
- Bringing balance back into your life when time is out of your control.
- Creating routines for yourself and your family.
- One tip/piece of advice Rachel offers new and expectant parents?
- Where you can find Rachel’s work.
Rachel Nielson hosts the popular parenting podcast 3 in 30 Takeaways for Moms. She and her guests share 3 actionable takeaways in each 30-minute episode to help women love motherhood as much as they love their children. Rachel is a mom of two miracles–her son was adopted and her daughter was conceived via IVF. She lives with her husband and two children in the mountains of Idaho.
Support Our Sponsors:
- Hello Fresh: America’s #1 meal kit! Go to HelloFresh.com/ybb14 and use code ybb14 for up to 14 free meals AND 3 free gifts!
- Everlywell at home lab test is offering a special discount of 20% off an at-home lab test at www.everlywell.com/ybb
- Boober: Looking for a lactation support, birth doulas, mental health therapists, and postpartum doulas. Use the code PYC to get 10% off your first service atwww.getboober.com
- Don’t forget to grab your FREE guide, 5 Simple Solutions to the Most Common Pregnancy Pains HERE
- If you love what you’ve been listening to, please leave a rating and review! Yoga| Birth|Babies
To connect with Deb and the PYC Community:
Instagram & Facebook: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center
Connect with Rachel:
- Instagram: @3in30podcast