Community birth stories are incredibly special. Not only is it an honor to be a part of your journey in pregnancy, but I love hearing what happened at the birth you were preparing for, as well as how you’re doing postpartum!
In today’s episode of Yoga| Birth|Babies I speak to PYC regular and mother of two, Erin Amato. While Erin’s first birth was at a hospital, her second birth was at home. We discuss the ways Erin prepared for a home birth, her support team, her birth story, and what helped her feel safe, supported, and cared for birthing at home. We also talk about being a second time mom and how she prepared her daughter to welcome their new baby sibling.
In this episode you will learn:
- Learn a bit about Erin!
- How she prepared for her second birth,
- What prompted her to explore having a home birth.
- The differences in care she experienced having a home birth midwife instead of an OBGYN.
- Erin’s birth story.
- Erin’s postpartum experience.
- Erin’s experience integrating the new baby into the family unit and to their older sibling.
- Something Erin learned from her first birth and move into parenthood that she did differently this time?
- One tip/piece of advice Erin offers new and expectant parents.
Erin (she/her/hers) is a high school math teacher at a charter school in Harlem, where she lives with her husband and their two daughters. Her first daughter was born in the hospital and her second daughter was born at home. Erin is currently learning the ropes when it comes to parenting two under two.
Support Our Sponsors:
- Everlywell at home lab test is offering a special discount of 20% off an at-home lab test at www.everlywell.com/ybb
- Prenatal Yoga Center: YBB podcast listeners- join Deb for class! Take $10 off an 8 class or One Month Unlimited yoga class package with the code ybb10
- Don’t forget to grab your FREE guide, 5 Simple Solutions to the Most Common Pregnancy Pains HERE
- If you love what you’ve been listening to, please leave a rating and review! Yoga| Birth|Babies
To connect with Deb and the PYC Community:
Instagram & Facebook: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center
*Join Deb for a yoga class, register here and use code ybb10 for $10 off an 8 Class or One Month Unlimited package!*