Today we have a really fun and interesting educational podcast. It’s all about building your birth team from your care provider, to your birth partner, to other support people you might have like a doula and childbirth educator. Building your birth team is an aspect of birth you have some control over, so it’s important to do your research, ask the right questions, and make sure you feel truly comfortable around and supported by all members of your team. So what should you be looking for in your team? What should you be taking them? And what red flags should you be aware of?
To have this conversation on today’s episode of Yoga| Birth| Babies, I invited Sarah Lavonne, founder of Bundle Birth to join me. It was a delight to talk to her! I smiled from ear to ear the whole time we chatted. She is so knowledgeable and offers information in such an easy to understand digestible way. You’re going to walk away from this episode with notes, enthusiasm, and excitement to talk to your birth team and organize the people that will be supporting you. Get ready to pause the episode and take notes as Sarah offers wonderfully phrased questions that you’ll be able to take into your appointments and interviews.
In this episode you will learn:
- Learn about Sarah and what led her to birth work.
- Where should someone start when building their birth team.
- The do’s and don’t of what one can expect from different members of the birth team.
- Areas to pay close attention to when interviewing a care provider and what might be considered a red flag.
- The do’s and don’t of the scope of a doula.
- Red Flags to watch out for in a Childbirth Education Class.
- Noticing when hospital protocol is being taught over evidence based education.
- What to look for in a childbirth education class.
- Building confidence and trust in your own intuition.
- One final tip/piece of advice Sarah would like to offer new and expectant parents.
- Where you can find Sarah’s work.
A pioneer in nursing and birth education, Sarah Lavonne is the founder & CEO at Bundle Birth, A Nursing Corporation. With a vision to unite patients, support persons and medical personnel together through education and support, Sarah and her team have fearlessly developed a community of learning and inspiration across labor and birth. Sarah dreams of all birthing people having, not only a healthy birth with safe outcomes, but healthy birth memories. She offers a spectrum of services from support to on-demand classes to a robust online youtube presence. Sarah loves seeing families and nurses transformed from nervous and overwhelmed to confident and transformed.
Connect with Sarah:
Instagram: @bundlebirth and @bundlebirthnurses
Don’t forget to grab your FREE guide, 5 Simple Solutions to the Most Common Pregnancy Pains HERE
To connect with Deb and the PYC Community:
Instagram & Facebook: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center