Parents, did you ever feel the pressure to “bounce back,” fast after birth? Let’s be real, the postpartum experience isn’t always the one we imagine it to be. Today on Yoga| Birth| Babies, I’ve invited Sarah Merrill. Sarah recounts her own experience of postpartum and journey into parenthood. She is an advocate for birth trauma awareness and shares a bit of her own birth trauma in this episode. Parenthood can come with a mental load. Sarah offers tips on how she moved through the mental load of becoming a new parent.
You may know Sarah Merrill from her Instagram account called, Big Kid Problems, sharing humor and relatable content to everyday struggles. Her newest Podcast called, Bottle Service, is about her journey into parenthood and postpartum.
Postpartum and parenthood can often be packaged as this happy, shiny thing we are all supposed to enjoy, but there can be a lot of struggle. I think you’re going to receive a lot from our conversation and relate to her experiences she shares with us. My hope is hearing her story will help you feel less alone in your own journey into parenthood and postpartum. I’m excited for you to listen to this conversation.
In this episode you will learn:
- Learn about Sarah.
- How Sarah’s idea or vision of postpartum differed from her reality of postpartum.
- Pressures Sarah feet to “bounce back” after childbirth.
- Sarah shares about her breastfeeding difficulties.
- The mental load of motherhood for Sarah.
- What Sarah found helpful to reduce her anxiety and manage stress in everyday life as a mom.
- Sarah’s birth trauma experience and how it impacted her postpartum experience.
- Sarah’s final tip or piece of advice you have for new and expectant parents
- Connect with Sarah.
Sarah Merrill is known from her Instagram account called, Big Kid Problems. She has humor and relatable content to everyday struggles. Since college, she’s grown her account to over a half a million followers. Her newest Podcast is called, Bottle Service. It is about pregnancy, motherhood and shares her journey into parenthood and postpartum.
Connect with Sarah:
- Don’t forget to grab your FREE guide, 5 Simple Solutions to the Most Common Pregnancy Pains HERE
- If you love what you’ve been listening to, please leave a rating and review! Yoga| Birth|Babies (Apple) or on Spotify!
To connect with Deb and the PYC Community:
Instagram & Facebook: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center