Let’s talk about the term “bouncing back” after birth. What does “bouncing back” truly mean? This term is often filled with so much shame, anxiety and depression. The postpartum period can be such an intense time for new parents. Today on Yoga| Birth| Babies, we’ll talk about the 5 key principles for healing after birth and what “bouncing back” can look like for you. We’ll shed light on postpartum depletion and ways to support our body and mind during this challenging time.
To have this conversion I’ve invited Maranda Bower. She is the CEO & Founder of Postpartum University®, supporting parents and professionals in health well being while eliminating postpartum depression and anxiety. Her education includes functional nutrition, maternal mental health psychology and more.
Maranda shares her postpartum journey and wisdom with us. I’m really excited for you to listen to our conversation and receive valuable information for your postpartum journey.
In this episode you will learn:
- About Maranda and what led her to focusing on supporting new parents in the postpartum period.
- The misconception that the postpartum period is only the first 6-12 weeks after the birth.
- Things new parents should consider about this healing process and how long can the postpartum period lasts.
- Ways someone’s healing during postpartum continues to impact someone’s body in the long term.
- Ways the idea or pressure to “bounce back” can also contribute to shame, anxiety, and depression.
- Some steps to avoid this.
- What postpartum depletion is and how it’s contributing to common symptoms of postpartum depression, anxiety, and autoimmune issues.
- The 5 key principles necessary for healing after birth so that a new parent can reclaim their postpartum wellness and feel good in parenthood again.
- One final tip or piece of advice to offer new and expectant parents.
- Stay connected with Maranda.
Maranda Bower is the CEO and Founder of Postpartum University®, empowering professionals to create impactful practices that nurture and profoundly heal mothers. As a Postpartum Nutrition Specialist, she’s spoken at women’s health and midwifery conferences and university classrooms across the country. She’s the author of the bestselling book, Reclaiming Postpartum Wellness, and creator of the Postpartum Nutrition Certification Program. She lives on her beautiful homestead in Alaska with her husband and 4 children.
Connect with Maranda:
- Don’t forget to grab your FREE guide, 5 Simple Solutions to the Most Common Pregnancy Pains HERE
- If you love what you’ve been listening to, please leave a rating and review! Yoga| Birth|Babies (Apple) or on Spotify!
To connect with Deb and the PYC Community:
Instagram & Facebook: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center