As parents we often find that our day to day self care goes by the wayside. Even though many of us know that meditation is an excellent tool to deal with and prevent overwhelm and anxiety it often feels out of our reach. The good news, as today’s guest shares, is that we can reap the physical, mental, and emotional benefits of meditation in as little as 8-10 minutes a day.
In today’s episode of Yoga | Birth | Babies I invite yoga and meditation teacher Kelly Smith to share how you can create a meditation practice that you’ll actually stick with. Kelly shares a little bit about her journey, her podcasts Mindful In Minutes and Meditation Mama, and leads us through a truly delightful meditation. I have to admit that I’m not the best at carving out time for mediation on my own. The guided practice Kelly shares today felt incredible. I could feel the tension and stress that is all the time living in the back of my neck and shoulders softened, I felt so much better after only five minutes of meditation. Kelly shares some solid tools for those of us who don’t have hours and hours of solitude to find a practice that fits our lifestyle so that we too can reap the amazing benefits of meditation.
In this episode you will learn:
- Learn about Kelly and how she found her way to yoga and meditation.
- What drew Kelly to focus on prenatal and postnatal meditation.
- How Kelly’s meditation practice has impacted her experiences in motherhood.
- Ways Kelly has dealt with the overwhelm of motherhood.
- How to start a mediation practice that you’ll actually stick to.
- A brief guided meditation.
- One final tip/piece of advice Kelly would like to offer new and expectant parents.
- Where you can find Kelly’s work.
Kelly Smith is a mother and globally celebrated yoga and meditation teacher, E-RYT 500 /YACEP, founder of Yoga For You, and host of the iTunes chart topping podcasts, Mindful in Minutes and Meditation Mama. Kelly believes that there is not a one-size-fits-all approach to yoga and meditation and encourages her students to find their own personal practice, listen to their bodies, and find inner joy by accessing their most authentic selves and owning their power. Kelly specializes in prenatal and postnatal meditation, yoga nidra and restorative yoga.
Connect with Kelly:
- Instagram: @yogaforyouonline
- Website: www.yogaforyouonline.com
- Meditation Mama podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/meditation-mama/id1536210147
- Don’t forget to grab your FREE guide, 5 Simple Solutions to the Most Common Pregnancy Pains HERE
- If you love what you’ve been listening to, please leave a rating and review! Yoga| Birth|Babies (Apple) or on Spotify!
To connect with Deb and the PYC Community:
Instagram & Facebook: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center