In this 90 minute class couples will:
Comforting Touch for Birth
with Yiska Obadia
For parents-to-be who love massage, Comforting Touch is for you!
Knowing how to touch your partner before, during, and after birth will help you feel more connected as a couple and help them feel more grounded and comforted throughout the birth process. When pregnant and birthing people feel supported and held by their partners it helps them know they can relax, let go and handle the work of birth.
Proof of vaccination is required for in-person classes; vaccination cards will be checked by your teacher upon arrival at the studio. Pregnant people and their partners should wear loose, comfortable clothing suitable for moving around. Jeans will not be comfortable. We reserve the right to move any in-person workshops online if necessary.
If these dates don’t work for you, please look at our ON DEMAND workshop option!
SUN, DEC 4
4 - 5:30 PM
SUN, JAN 22
4 - 5:30 PM
SUN, MAR 5
4 - 5:30 PM
Purchase 3 months of access
- Learn a variety of massage techniques and acupressure points to use during labor to bring comfort, both during and between contractions.
- Understand the fundamental principles of skillful touch so partners have the tools they need to succeed in providing the touch you want and need.
- Receive time devoted to practicing with your partner to help you both feel more connected to each other and support you in giving birth.
- Receive guidance from a seasoned practitioner and birth doula with over 25 years of experience.
- Leave feeling more confident about using touch to comfort and support your partner.
is a passionate teacher and healing arts practitioner, with over 25 years of experience as a massage therapist, acupuncturist and birth doula. Yiska created Comforting Touch for Birth to teach doulas and parents-to-be how to skillfully provide hands-on support for birthing people, through her workshops and digital guidebook. Most recently she added Comforting Touch for Babies and Havening Techniques to her repertoire. Yiska is based in NYC. Find more info at yiskaobadia.com.
Please Note: Yiska is a working doula. In the event that she gets called to a birth during the scheduled workshop, she will send a teacher in her place.
Listen to our podcast episode with Yiska: Comfort for Birth