14 Oct Why Did No One Tell Me This?: The Doulas’ Honest Guide for Expectant Parents with Ash Spivak & Natalia Hailes
The transition into pregnancy, birth, and postpartum often comes with a steep learning curve. Many people come out the other side of parenthood saying, Why did nobody tell me this?
That sentiment was the inspiration for the book, WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME THIS?: THE DOULAS’ HONEST GUIDE FOR EXPECTANT PARENTS.
In this episode of Yoga|Birth|Babies, I speak with birth doulas and co-authors of the book WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME THIS?: THE DOULAS’ HONEST GUIDE FOR EXPECTANT PARENTS Ash Spivak and Natalia Hailes. Ash and Natalia discuss doulas and what they bring to the birth experience as well as what they discovered to be people’s the biggest surprises of pregnancy, birth and postpartum.
What we cover:
- Learn a bit about Ash and Natalia and what brought them to birth work.
- What is a doula?
- How are doulas incorporated into the pregnancy and birth experience.
- The importance of individual decision making.
- How pregnant people can create a team and experience that supports autonomy.
- Blocks LGBTQ+ folks may encounter and suggestions through some uncomfortable questions.
- The biggest surprises and discoveries many people find as they move through pregnancy, birth and postpartum.
- Brilliant tips for pregnancy and birth.
- Postpartum support.
- One final tip/piece of advice Ash and Natalia offer to new and expectant parents.
- Where you can find Ash and Natalia’s work.
About Natalia & Ash:
Natalia Hailes is a birth doula, lactation specialist and reproductive health advocate. She’s worked with hundreds of families supporting them through pregnancy, childbirth, postpartum and beyond.
Her work has been featured in Newsweek, Refinery29, and Well+Good, among others.
Ash Spivak is an Internationally Certified Birth Doula, Doula Trainer, and co-founder of allbodies, a digital platform for future-forward classes to learn about your body.
Her work has been featured in The New York Times, Forbes, Newsweek, Cosmopolitan and Teen Vogue among others.
Connect with Natalia & Ash:
To connect with Deb and the PYC Community:
Instagram & Facebook: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center
Support Our Sponsors:
- If want you to start living a happier life today. get 10% off your first month by visiting betterhelp.com/ybb Join over 1 minion people taking charge of their mental health.
- Sick of planning new meals each night? Let Green Chef do the meal planning, grocery shopping, and most of the prep for you week after week Use my code ybb80 to get $80 off your first month plus free shipping on your first box! Go to greenchef.com/YBB80 to redeem and for more details. greenchef.com/YBB80