FAQ & POLICIES
The Prenatal Yoga Center honors and respects the journey of pregnancy and new motherhood. With that in mind, we have created guidelines and policies that offer flexibility while maintaining the integrity and intention of our yoga program and other professional services. We appreciate your understanding and observance of our guidelines and policies and look forward to serving you.
We are so excited to have this opportunity to share this space with you again! Thank you for honoring and closely following our guidelines.
- To take an in-studio class, you must pre-register online, fill out a waiver, and email your vaccination card to firstname.lastname@example.org upon registration.
- Registration closes 30 minutes in advance of the class. In order to cancel a reservation for an in-person yoga class, you must cancel no less than 8 hours prior to the class. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Once your reservation is canceled, the class will be returned to your account to be used at a future date; the class will not be refunded. If you haven’t canceled outside the stated time frame, your scheduled class will be charged to your series. In-person reservations made with an unlimited monthly or PYC pass will be subject to a $10 fee when canceled within 8 hours of class.
- Students must arrive 10-15 minutes prior to the start of class (no earlier and no later). We are operating on limited staff and your teacher needs time to check-in students one by one.
- Late arrivals will NOT be permitted. DOORS LOCK 5 MINUTES BEFORE CLASS.
- All yoga studio props are available for usage. We will provide disinfects mats, blocks and bolsters and ask that you wipe down your props at the end of class.
- For Prenatal and Postnatal you do NOT need to commit a specific day, and you are never limited to a certain number of classes per week.
- Enrollment for live and re-release classes is cut off 10 minutes prior to the start of the class.
- Enrollment for IN PERSON classes is 60 minutes prior to the start of class.
- Enrollment for workshops is cut off 30 minutes prior to the start of class.
Please see below for reservation cancellation policies.
We recommend investing in a few inexpensive props to keep at home, but you can certainly improvise. A yoga mat and two 4-inch blocks are a great place to start. It’s also helpful to have a blanket or towel, and a pillow or couch cushion to serve as a bolster. If you don’t have yoga blocks, you can use shoe boxes, a couple of small toddler stools, stacks of books, or cans (anything that gives your hands about 8-10 inches of height off the floor will work)!
Want to purchase some props? HERE is a link to our recommendations to get started
We have built our teaching philosophy based on a three-pronged approach: fostering community, addressing the aches and pains of pregnancy, and integrating childbirth education. We believe the best way for the student to reap of the benefits of our teaching and community is to attend class on a regular basis. To accommodate the busy lives of our students, we offer prenatal yoga 7 days a week with online, in person and re-release options.
- Class packages are valid for a limited period of time. Prenatal Yoga 8 Class Packages are valid for 70 days. Four class cards are valid for 42 days. Postnatal and Baby & Me 8 Class Packages are valid for 6 months
- Unlimited class packages are valid for 31 days and cannot be extended. You may suspend your monthly unlimited pass when you give birth and use the remaining time within six months of delivery.
- Classes that are not used by the expiration date are forfeited.
- Prenatal class packages (except Prenatal Unlimited Packages) may be extended one time for 2 additional weeks for a $10 fee, and Baby & Me and Postnatal packages may be extended for an additional 1 month for a $10 fee. Please note that this extension includes all remaining classes, and the extension must be purchased BEFORE the package expires. Class packages may be extended one time only, and cannot be extended again after this time. Workshop registrations are not eligible for this extension.
- Unused classes will NOT be carried over to another pregnancy.
- Class packages have no cash value.
- All fees once paid are non-refundable.
In order to cancel a reservation for an IN PERSON yoga class and return it to your account, you must cancel no less than 8 hours prior to the class. ONLINE classes must be canceled no less than 1 hour prior to class. In order to cancel an in person yoga class, you must cancel no less than 8 hours prior to the class. Once your reservation is canceled, the class will be returned to your account to be used at a future date; the class will not be refunded. If you haven’t canceled outside the stated time frame, your scheduled class will be charged to your series. In person reservations made to an unlimited monthly or PYC pass will be subject to a $10 fee when canceled within 8 hours of class.
ONLINE classes must be canceled no less than 1 hour prior to class.
Please note, however, that this cancellation provision is only for YOGA classes, and does not apply to WORKSHOP reservations.
With the exception of bed rest accompanied by a doctor’s note, the Prenatal Yoga Center cannot be responsible for providing additional make-ups or issuing any credit for classes missed as a result of scheduling conflicts, vacations, illness, emergencies, or other circumstances beyond our control.
If you are put on bed rest, please notify the studio immediately and any remaining classes will be transferred to Baby & Me or Postnatal Yoga.
We strongly recommend you complete your courses prior to your 36th week. We will not refund any payment due to labor after your 36th week, which is considered full term. However we will offer partial credit for any missed workshops or events due to premature labor.
The Prenatal Yoga Center cannot be responsible for providing make-ups or issuing any credit for classes missed as a result of scheduling conflicts, vacations, illness (including COVID 19), emergencies, or other circumstances beyond our control. We strongly recommend you complete your courses prior to your 36th week. We will not refund any payment due to labor after your 36th week which is considered full term, however we will offer 50% credit for any missed workshops or events due to premature labor.
If you need to cancel your commitment to a workshop or class series, you must cancel at least two weeks prior to the event. You will receive a refund minus 10% processing fee. If you cancel within two weeks of the workshop, if the space can be filled, you will receive a refund minus 10% processing fee. If the space cannot be filled there will not be a refund.
If you need to cancel one of the bundled workshops (The Baby Basics, The Prepared Parent, or The Participating Partner), the price of the remaining workshops will revert to the A La Carte pricing.
IS IT OKAY IF I’VE NEVER PRACTICED YOGA BEFORE?
You will find that yoga benefits the mind and body at any point in life.
Class is designed to honor the needs and limitations of pregnancy. All postures can be modified to the level of the student.
IS IT OKAY TO START YOGA IN THE MIDDLE OF MY PREGNANCY?
Whether you take yoga through all nine months of your pregnancy or just the third trimester you will notice the benefits before, during, and after birth.
HOW FAR INTO MY PREGNANCY CAN I PRACTICE YOGA?
You can continue your yoga practice right up to birth.
HOW WILL YOGA HELP MY PREGNANCY AND DELIVERY?
By strengthening the essential muscles needed for birth, reconnecting with your breath, and focusing on your mind, the practice of yoga can prepare you for the challenges your labor and birth may bring and open you up to your natural ability to give birth.
WHEN CAN I START POSTNATAL YOGA?
For vaginal births, you must wait until the bleeding has stopped, usually around 4 weeks after birth.
For cesarean births, you must wait at least 6 weeks.
Please consult with your doctor before returning to yoga.