04 Dec The 4th Trimester with Kimberly Johnson
The shift from pregnancy to postpartum is unlike any chasm one will ever experience. And while there is often much care and attention being paid to the pregnant person’s well being, the new parent that emerges on the other side, is often left to wade through the turbulent waters of parenthood with limited help. In our current culture, many people have lost the community that gathers to take care of the new parent.
In this episode of Yoga|Birth|Babies, I speak with author of the book, The Fourth Trimester: A Postpartum Guide to Healing Your Body, Balancing Your Emotions and Restoring Your Vitality, Kimberly Ann Johnson. Kimberly discusses her challenging postpartum experience and how she resolved massive pelvic floor and abdominal diastisis. She also shares valuable postpartum rituals and philosophies from other cultures and how we can adopt some of those ideas to better serve our postpartum people.
In this episode:
- Learn about Kimberly and what inspired the work she came to do.
- The 5 universal postpartum needs.
- Maintaining connection and expectations for couple’s in their relationship during and after pregnancy relationship.
- How to cross train your nervous system.
- Nourishing your Yin and the Ayurvedic approach of postpartum.
- The domains of pelvic health and Kimberly’s personal healing journey.
- Resolving feelings of angry, betrayal and disconnected with one’s postpartum body.
- One tip or piece of advice for new and expectant parents.
- How to reconnect, rediscover and appreciate your new body and reclaiming your sexuality.
- Where you can find Kimberly’s work.
SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS!
Go to stitchfix.com/KIDS/YBB and get an extra 25% off when you keep everything in your box! And as a bonus, Stitch Fix will waive the $20 styling fee when you use this shows special URL- stitchfix.com/KIDS/YBBFor FREE and EASY photo sharing with friend and family, visit family-album.com
Kimberly Ann Johnson is a Sexological Bodyworker, Somatic Experiencing trauma resolution practitioner, birth doula, and single mom. She specializes in helping women prepare for birth, recover from birth injuries and birth trauma, and heal from sexual trauma. She is the author of bestselling book, The Fourth Trimester: A Postpartum Guide to Healing Your Body, Balancing Your Emotions and Restoring Your Vitality. She is the creator of Activate your Inner Jaguar, an online course ushering women into their full voices and sexual expression and the founder of Magamama.com.