06 Jan Scary Things Newborns Do That Are Totally Normal with Dr Tracey Agnese
If you haven’t spent a lot of time around a newborn some of their behaviors and habits may seem bizarre or even scary to you as a new parent.
In this episode of Yoga |Birth|Babies, board-certified Pediatrician and IBCLC, Dr. Tracey Agnese demystifies the behavior of your newborn baby. She talks about everything from baby poop to irregular breathing patterns to signs that something is really wrong and you should consult your doctor. Dr. Agnese’s calm and friendly demeanor will help put any new parent’s worries at ease.
In this episode you will learn:
- Learn a bit about Dr. Agnese and what drew her towards pediatrics.
- Let’s start with poop! What is normal? How much and how often!
- How much you should expect to feed your baby… the answer is, A LOT!
- Irregular breathing patterns and why babies have them.
- Sleep. What is in the normal realm of sleep for a newborn?
- What are realistic expectations for when a baby sleeps through the night?
- If “back is best” is the gold standard, why do babies often turn on their side when they sleep? Is that ok?
- Peeling skin, cradle cap, baby pimples and lots of body hair. Why and what to do!
- Baby hiccups!
- Cold hands and feet.
- Baby snot: What to do about it!
- Warning signs that it is time to call the doctor!
- One final tip or piece of advice Dr. Agnese has for new or expectant parents.
- Where you can find Dr. Agnese’s work!
About Dr. Tracey Agnese:
Dr. Agnese received her undergraduate degree from the University of Delaware. She graduated from SUNY Downstate medical school and completed her pediatrics residency at NYU.
As a Pediatrician and a mom, Dr. Agnese knows how difficult it is to have and care for a newborn baby. She also knows that new moms often neglect taking care of themselves and wants to help change that.
Dr. Agnese provides online educational resources for new moms to simplify newborn baby care and help decrease the overwhelm, anxiety and mom guilt that is so common after having a baby.
Connect with Dr. Agnese:
- Website: traceymd.com
- Private practice website: pedsny.com
If you love what you’ve been listening to, please leave a rating and review! Yoga| Birth|Babies
Support Our Sponsors:
- You deserve to know what’s in your multivitamin. Get 10% off your first 3 moths of Ritual at ritual.com/ybb to start you ritual today!
- Over 85 million people around the world use Calm to take care of their minds and get better sleep. For listeners of Yoga| Birth |Babies, Calm is offering a special limited time promotion of 40% off a Calm Premium subscription at CALM.COM/YBB
- Life With A Newborn: Surviving and Thriving the First Weeks with Meema Spadola
- Plan to Support Yourself: The Necessity of a Postpartum Check In with Evelyn Gama
- What Do I REALLY Need Before Baby Arrives, Dr. Agnese’s Checklist
To connect with Deb and the PYC Community:
Instagram & Facebook: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center