26 Sep Planning for Postpartum: How to Handle Family and Guests
Planning for Postpartum and How to Handle Family and Guests!
You had a baby! Great! Now what??
There are so many things to consider when planning for postpartum. What kind of support do you need? Who is giving you that support? Are you breastfeeding, bottle feeding or both? Where is your baby sleeping? How do you set boundaries with family and guest and so, so, so much more to consider!
In this episode of Yoga| Birth| Babies, I speak with New York City based Childbirth Educator, Birth and Postpartum doula, lactation counselor and midwive’s assistant, Grace Veras Sealy. Grace graciously gives you the low down on what to expect after baby arrives. Go grab your pen and paper and get ready to take down some notes during this information packed episode!
In this episode:
- A little bit about Grace and her path to becoming a birth and postpartum doula.
- The most important aspects of the postpartum period to consider as you approach birth and start to prepare for baby.
- The most commonly asked questions about parenting and caring for a newborn.
- How to go about creating a postpartum plan.
- Topics new parents often forget to put to thought into.
- Suggestion for new parents when dealing with guests and family during labor.
- Suggestion for new parents when dealing with guests and family once baby arrives.
- Setting boundaries and expectations with family and guests.
- Where you can Grace and her work!
Grace Veras Sealy is a New York City based Childbirth Educator, Birth and Postpartum doula, lactation counselor and midwive’s assistant. She began working as a postpartum doula after the birth of her 2nd daughter, and over 10 years after starting to work as a birth doula. She currently teaches childbirth and breastfeeding classes at a local hospital, works with newborn families all over Manhattan, Brooklyn and parts of Queens and works as a birth assistant at the Brooklyn Birthing Center and with several home birth midwives.
Connect with Grace: