07 Nov Placental Encapsulation with Michelle LaDue
On this episode of Yoga|Birth |Babies I had the pleasure of speaking with Michelle La Due about placenta medicine. In this conversation, Michelle draws on her 13 years experience specializing in women’s health as a Licensed Acupuncturist in New York State, a Nationally Board Certified Chinese Herbalist, Birth Doula and faculty member at Pacific College of Oriental Medicine in New York City.
In this episode:
- What is placenta encapsulation?
- How is the placenta processed?
- Are there different methods? what are they and the differences/benefites?
- Which method do you suggest?
- What are the benefits of placenta encapsulations?
- Can the baby benefit from the placenta medicine?
- Are there any known side effects to placental encapsulation?
- Have you experienced any backlash with more traditional care providers not supporting or discouraging placenta encapsulation?
- Do other cultures consume their placenta?
- How would someone giving birth in a hospital setting collect their placenta and get it to someone to encapsulate?
- What is a placenta tincture?
- What is the cost?
Michelle LaDue M.S., L.Ac. is a Licensed Acupuncturist in New York State and a Nationally Board Certified Chinese Herbalist. She holds a Masters of Science Degree in Traditional Chinese Medicine from Pacific College of Oriental Medicine in New York City, where she completed a four year clinical masters program and is currently a faculty member. Michelle is a volunteer with the Naturopathic Relief Clinic for Haitian Earthquake Survivors. She is also a Reiki Master, Shiatsu Practitioner, Birth Doula, and encapsulates Placenta Medicine. Michelle has over 13 years of clinical experience specializing in women’s health and perinatal/postpartum care.
To contact Michelle visit: moonflowerhealingarts.com