02 Jun Nutrition for Diastasis Recti with Alexandra Paetow
When working to heal diastasis recti, most people think of physical exercises to repair the damage. However, nutrition can also play a role in this recovery.
In this episode of Yoga|Birth |Babies, I speak with Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and founder of Thrive and Bloom Nutrition, Alexandra Paetow. Alexandra explains how food and nutrition can support the healing of weak connective tissue. She also provides specific foods that are high in collagen, a building block to help repair diastasis recti. For those looking for a well rounded approach to postpartum healing, this is the perfect conversation for you.
In this episode you will learn:
- About Alexandra and how she became focused on perinatal nutrition.
- The mindset of nutrition
- How food and nutrition play a role in diastasis recti healing.
- Nutritional considerations for pregnancy and postpartum for diastasis recti.
- The nutritional building blocks of tissue repair and muscle strengthening.
- Specific foods and diet for diastasis recti repair.
- How collagen plays a role in diastasis repair.
- Foods that naturally have collagen.
- How to eat to optimally fuel a workout and recovery.
- How gut health play in one’s ability to heal diastasis recti.
- The role of mood and stress in gut health.
- One tip/piece of advice Alexandra offers new and expectant parents.
- Where you can find Alexandra’s work!
Alexandra Paetow is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist with a Master’s of Science degree in Nutrition Education and a mother of two little ones. As a specialist in maternal nutrition, her practice Thrive and Bloom Nutrition supports women as they transition from preconception through pregnancy, postpartum, and beyond. Through individual coaching and group workshops, she empowers moms to prioritize their health and break free from the diet-cycle, to go from just surviving to truly thriving.
Connect with Alexandra:
- Website: www.thriveandbloomnutrition.com
- Instagram: @postpartumnutritionist
Support Our Sponsors:
- Lovevery: Get free shipping when you sign up to receive your Play Kits at LoveEvery.com/YBB
- Osea: Try OSEA risk-free for 30 days and get free shipping on orders over $50. They even send free samples with every order! Get 10% off your first order with my promo code YBB at OSEAmalibu.com
- OUAI: Go to THEOUAI.comand use code YBB to get 15% off your entire purchase.
- Greenchef: Go to GreenChef.com/ybb90 and use code ybb90 to get $90 off your first month including free shipping!
If you love what you’ve been listening to, please leave a rating and review! Yoga| Birth|Babies
To connect with Deb and the PYC Community:
Instagram & Facebook: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center