13 Oct Is Our Healthcare System Failing Pregnant People & Those Trying to Conceive? with Nathalie Walton
It is a privilege to have quality perinatal health care and assistance in conceiving. Unfortunately, due to a myriad of factors included a broken healthcare system, many people are not able to access the support they need.
In this episode of Yoga|Birth|Babies, I speak with Expectful’s Co-Founder and CEO, Nathalie Walton about the biggest obstacles in improving access to maternal health care. She shares steps and suggestions of how to obtain better care. We also dive into a conversation about conception and ways to enhance one’s chance of conception.
In this episode you will learn:
- Learn a bit about Nathalie and how she got involved in Expectful.
- What is Expectful?
- Nathalie’s view of the current health care system and how it supports or doesn’t support pregnant folks.
- The biggest obstacles in improving access to maternal health care.
- Where we see the greatest lack of access to proper prenatal care.
- For those who don’t have proper prenatal access, steps and suggestions to obtain it.
- What the research shows for those who are not able to obtain proper care during pregnancy compared to those who are provided high-quality, patient centered care.
- Conception! The high numbers of folks who receive medical assistance with conception.
- Factors that make getting assistance in conception inaccessible.
- Ways to enhance chances of conception.
- One tip/piece of advice Nathalie shares with new and expectant parents.
- Where you can find Nathalie’s work AND her gift to Yoga|Birth|Babies listeners!
About Nathalie Walton:
Nathalie is the CEO and Co-Founder of Expectful, a holistic wellness app for hopeful, expecting, and new moms. Nathalie is the mother of her twenty-month-old son, Everett.
She has spent the last decade in leadership roles at Airbnb, Google, and eBay. Nathalie has an MBA from the Stanford Graduate School of Business and a B.A. in Economics from Georgetown University. She is a Forbes Next 1000 Entrepreneurs to Watch and is on the Fast Company Executive Board.
Expectful has a free gift for Yoga | Birth | Babies listeners. Go to www.expectful.com/yoga-birth-babies promo code YOGABIRTHBABIES to get your first month of Expectful for just $1.
- The Irth App
- National Birth Equity Collaborative
- Black Mamas Matter Alliance
- Birth Equities In the US with Rhea Williams
- Medical Bondage
- Supporting Queer, Trans, Non-Binary Folks In Pregnancy, Birth And Postpartum With Beth Hardy
- Trans Fertility Co
- Improving The Birth and Health Outcomes for Black Moms and Babies
- National Black Doulas Association
Support Our Sponsors:
- Green Chef: If you want to shake up your dinner selection or just know that you are going to get delicious, easy to follow recipes, go to GreenChef.com/90ybb and use code 90ybb to get $100 off including free shipping!
- Boober: Looking for a lactation support, birth doulas, mental health therapists, and postpartum doulas. Use the code PYC to get 10% off your first service at www.getboober.com
If you love what you’ve been listening to, please leave a rating and review! Yoga| Birth|Babies
To connect with Deb and the PYC Community:
Instagram & Facebook: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center