The hormonal blue print needed to move labor forward has a few requirements. For the body to function well in labor, we need to remove pressure, stress, shame and anxiety and help the laboring person find deep relaxation.
In this episode of Yoga|Birth|Babies, I speak with HypnoBirthing® childbirth educator, certified holistic health coach, and author of the book, Pure Nurture—A Holistic Guide to a Healthy Baby, Kristy Rodriguez. Kristy explains the philosophy and approach to HypnoBirthing® and how relaxation and stress reduction techniques can help support a functional labor. She also talks about the vital role the partner plays in birth preparation.
In this episode:
- Learn about Kristy and how she got into birth work.
- The philosophy and approach to HypnoBirthing®.
- Some of the relaxation and stress reduction techniques used in HypnoBirthing®.
- Birth prompts and how the partner uses them.
- Do the relaxation techniques change as labor progresses?
- The impact of language in relationship to birth.
- How the HypnoBirthing® methodology is particularly helpful in times of high stress and anxiety.
- One tip or piece of advice Kristy would like to offer new or expectant parents
- Where you can find Kristy’s work.
Kristy Rodriguez is a mom, HypnoBirthing® childbirth educator, certified holistic health coach, and registered prenatal yoga instructor specializing in prenatal and postpartum wellness, advocacy and empowerment. With her cumulated years of experience in education and health, she brings extensive knowledge, personal experience and deep compassion to her students.
If you love what you’ve been listening to, please leave a rating and review! Yoga| Birth|Babies
To connect with Deb and the PYC Community:
instagram & facebook: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center