How much have you thought about preparing your body for conception?
Did you know that you can boost your fertility and balance your hormones to support your chances of conceiving through the practice of yoga and nutrition?
In this week’s episode of Yoga|Birth |Babies, I speak with award-winning registered dietitian nutritionist, registered yoga teacher Kendra Tolbert MS, about ways you can help prime your body and mind for conception. Kendra shares what it means to live FERTILE (who doesn’t love a good acronym!) and how food can play a role in supporting fertility. She also explains how yoga focused on fertility differs from a general population class.
In this episode you will learn:
- Learn a bit about Kendra and what led her to focus on fertility.
- How stress plays into infertility.
- What it mean to live FERTILE!
- How a fertility yoga class differ from a typical yoga class.
- Specific yoga poses to do daily to boost fertility.
- How foods can play a role in supporting fertility.
- Detoxing. Do you need to do it to prepare for conception?
- Busting fertility food myths.
- Sugar, inflammation and fertility.
- Foods that may improve endometrial lining.
- One final tip/piece of advice Kendra offers those looking to conceive
- Where you can find Kendra’s work!
Kendra Tolbert MS, RDN, CDN, LD, RYT, Cert AT Level 1 is an award-winning registered dietitian nutritionist, registered yoga teacher, and certified aromatherapist specializing in fertility and women’s health. She helps people prepare for pregnancy and improve their overall wellbeing with self-care and mind-body practices. She believes that though our bodies, fertility, and hormones are complex, our self-care can be simple.
Connect with Kendra:
Support Our Sponsors:
- Green Chef: If you want to shake up your dinner selection or just know that you are going to get delicious, easy to follow recipes, go to GreenChef.com/90ybb and use code 90ybb to get $100 off including free shipping!
- Boober: Looking for a lactation support, birth doulas, mental health therapists, and postpartum doulas. Use the code PYC to get 10% off your first service at www.getboober.com
If you love what you’ve been listening to, please leave a rating and review! Yoga| Birth|Babies
To connect with Deb and the PYC Community:
Instagram & Facebook: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center