Back in July, at 37 weeks pregnant, Elisa, attended my prenatal yoga class in which we spoke of the importance of keeping an open mind about one’s birth plan. Little did she know that the next day she would be in labor.
Several weeks later, Elisa wrote to me saying “I can still hear your words in my head about 1 out of 3 people have their baby by caesarean section. And the story of your other student who ended up with an unplanned c section that was not at all the initial plan. You recommended us to be opened to whatever would happen. Well – the 1 out of 3 in the room would become me…”
In this episode of Yoga | Birth | Babies, new parent and yoga teacher, Elisa Galassi, shares her unpredictable birth story. Elisa opens up about the twists and turns of her labor that led to an ending she never imagined. She also shares how she has processed her birth and what she has learned about herself through this experience. Please enjoy this beautiful community birth story.
In this episode you will learn:
- Learn about Elisa.
- Elisa’s approach to her pregnancy and how she prepared for her birth
- Elisa’s birth story
- What placental abruption is and signs of it.
- The importance of being open to whatever unfolds.
- How Elisa is processing her birth.
- What Elisa learned about herself after her birth experience and as a new parent.
- The need for postpartum support.
- Elisa’s favorite part of parenthood.
- The most surprising part of parenthood for Elisa.
- One final tip/piece of advice Elisa offers new and expectant parents
Elisa likes to think of herself as a student of life. From her career in marketing to her passion for teaching yoga, she is constantly reminded that « everything in life is for your awakening » as one of her teacher Todd Norian says.
She grew up near Paris in France and has been living in NYC for 10 years where she discovered yoga and received her yoga education including studying prenatal yoga with you.
She gave birth to her son Luca on July 24th and it is from him that she received her greatest life lessons and she knows it is just the beginning.
Support Our Sponsors:
- Green Chef: If you want to shake up your dinner selection or just know that you are going to get delicious, easy to follow recipes, go to GreenChef.com/90ybb and use code 90ybb to get $100 off including free shipping!
- Boober: Looking for a lactation support, birth doulas, mental health therapists, and postpartum doulas. Use the code PYC to get 10% off your first service at www.getboober.com
If you love what you’ve been listening to, please leave a rating and review! Yoga| Birth|Babies
To connect with Deb and the PYC Community:
Instagram & Facebook: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center