I love community birth stories. I think it’s fantastic to hear about a variety of different birth experiences, maybe something different than you’ve imagined or you had. It’s also a wonderful way for me to reconnect with our students and the community at PYC.
In this week’s episode of Yoga|Birth|Babies I speak with new Mom, Hannah Weaver. There are a few things I love about Hannah’s story. First of all, I absolutely adore Hannah. We got to know each other throughout her time at PYC. Her birth experience shows that birth can unfold differently than you had imagined but you can still walk away feeling supported and seen throughout the process. We also talk about the importance of surrender. Surrendering to maybe what you had envisioned and to parts of parenthood and to birth. It’s a really fantastic conversation.
I think it’s just so important to recognize there’s not just one way to birth, but to be inspired by all the different stories we hear from our community.
In this episode you will learn:
- Learn about Hannah.
- Learn about Hannah’s pregnancy and how she prepared for birth.
- What it felt like when her care provider told her they suspected a big baby.
- The conversations Hannah had with her care provider about a possible big baby.
- The possibility of labor induction and options her care provider offered.
- Hannah’s birth story.
- What contributed to Hannah feeling supported and satisfied with her birth experience even though it differed from her desired birth experience.
- How postpartum has been.
- A tip or piece of advice Hannah offers new or expectant parents.
- Where you can find Hannah’s podcast?
Support Our Sponsors:
- Ritual: Turn healthy habits into a ritual. For 10% off your first 3 months go to ritual.com/ybb
- Boober: Looking for a lactation support, birth doulas, mental health therapists, and postpartum doulas. Use the code PYC to get 10% off your first service at www.getboober.com
- Prenatal Yoga Center: YBB podcast listeners- join Deb for class! Take $10 off an 8 class or One Month Unlimited yoga class package with the code ybb10 Get your package here!
Hannah Weaver is an English professor at Columbia University and former prenatal yoga student at PYC. She is also the co-host of the irreverent book podcast That Book. This was her first pregnancy and first child.
Connect with Hannah:
- Evidence Based Birth article on big babies: https://evidencebasedbirth.com/evidence-for-induction-or-c-section-for-big-baby/
- Podcast: Understanding Big Babies with Rebecca Dekker
- Don’t forget to grab your FREE guide, 5 Simple Solutions to the Most Common Pregnancy Pains HERE
- If you love what you’ve been listening to, please leave a rating and review! Yoga| Birth|Babies
To connect with Deb and the PYC Community:
Instagram & Facebook: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center