Today we have a very special episode, as I write that I’m realizing that I say that about almost every episode because they’re all special to me! However, this is the kind of episode that I hold very dear, a community birth story. These episodes are truly special. I love hearing the stories from our community about their births and what makes today’s extra extra special is that my guest Lauren Seidman has been with Prenatal Yoga Center for four births! Yes, she has four kids. Several years ago Lauren appeared on YBB about the birth of her second child and how she made some choices to go in a different direction for baby two. With baby four, she went in a totally different direction than she did for baby one, two, and three, which is what we’re highlighting in today’s episode.
In today’s episode of Yoga| Birth| Babies childbirth educator, doula, and mother of four Lauren Seidman talks about the very different direction she took having baby four. Based on the title, cat’s out of the bag, Lauren decided after having three hospital births that she wanted to have a home birth. In our conversation not only does Lauren tell the beautiful birth story that she experienced she talks about what it was like when she told her friends and family “Hey, folks I am having a home birth,” some of the pushback that she got, and some of the misconceptions about home birth she dealt with.
Listening to Lauren’s birth story, I had a smile across my face the whole time. She paints the most beautiful picture of giving birth. All I could think about was the headlamp her midwife had on as she was in the dark bathroom birthing her child, it was really fantastic. So if you’re curious about home birth or you just want to hear a really positive empowering birth story, you’re going to enjoy hearing what Lauren has to say.
In this episode you will learn:
- Learn about Lauren and how she got into birth work.
- Lauren’s first 3 births.
- How Lauren’s birth work influenced her decision for a home birth for baby four.
- How Lauren’s family took the news when she shared that she was intending to have a home birth.
- Misconceptions about home birth that Lauren dealt with.
- Lauren’s birth story.
- What the immediate postpartum care and experience was like compared to Lauren’s three hospital births.
- One final tip/piece of advice Lauren would like to offer new and expectant parents.
- Where you can find Lauren’s work?
Lauren is a Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator and trained full-spectrum doula through Doula Trainings International. She found her passion for birth work through her own pregnancy and birth experiences. Lauren lives with her husband and four children in New York.
Connect with Lauren:
- @birth_positive on instagram
- Don’t forget to grab your FREE guide, 5 Simple Solutions to the Most Common Pregnancy Pains HERE
- If you love what you’ve been listening to, please leave a rating and review! Yoga| Birth|Babies (Apple) or on Spotify!
To connect with Deb and the PYC Community:
Instagram & Facebook: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center