08 Dec Community Birth Story: Breech Baby, Cesarean Birth with Christa Nader
Imagine teaching prenatal yoga for years and envisioning how your birth will unfold. Then learning that your baby is breech and despite many attempts to turn baby head down, you will need a cesarean birth. This is what happened to Christa.
In episode of Yoga|Birth|Babies, I speak with founder of KITH & KIN, yoga teacher, and new mother Christa Nader. Christa shares how she wrapped her mind around changing her birth plans and how she prepared for her cesarean birth. Personally, my biggest take away from this conversation was how beautiful and powerful Christa’s birth was. We discussed how cesarean is often seen as “the ugly step sister” in the birth world and the need to change that perception.
In this episode you will learn:
- Learn about Christa.
- What it was like for Christa to readjust her birth vision from a vaginal birth to a cesarean birth.
- How Christa prepared for her cesarean birth.
- The relaxation skills and coping tools she used for her cesarean birth.
- Christa’s birth story!
- Christa’s postpartum experience.
- Surprises Christa experienced even after working with babies for so long.
- One thing Christa wishes someone would have told her before birth or parenthood.
- One final tip/piece of advice Christa offers new or expectant parents.
Support Our Sponsors:
- Hello Fresh: America’s #1 meal kit! Go to HelloFresh.com/ybb14 and use code ybb14 for up to 14 free meals AND 3 free gifts!
- Somfy: Learn more about Somfy powered motorized window coverings, or connect with a Somfy dealer in your area to get a customized quote for your home by visiting somfysystems.com/podcast
- Boober: Looking for a lactation support, birth doulas, mental health therapists, and postpartum doulas. Use the code PYC to get 10% off your first service at www.getboober.com
Don’t forget to grab your FREE guide, 5 Simple Solutions to the Most Common Pregnancy Pains HERE
If you love what you’ve been listening to, please leave a rating and review! Yoga| Birth|Babies
Christa was born and raised in Erie, Pennsylvania. She obtained her BA in Interdisciplinary Studies (Early Childhood Education) from the University of Texas Arlington, and was a classroom teacher at the start of her career. Several years, a husband, two dogs, and a new baby later, she lives in Brooklyn and founded KITH & KIN Household Staffing Agency in 2016. In 2020, she merged her company with Adventure Nannies, a nationwide nanny agency, where she presently works as a placement specialist.
Always an educator, Christa is a lifelong learner, curious about the newest educational techniques, including learning styles, development, anti-bias education, and gender equality as taught to children from a young age. She is an active participant and former board member of the International Nanny Association. In 2017, Christa was quoted in The New York Times regarding best practices for employers when their nanny takes maternity leave, and again in 2019 regarding the Lulu and Leo Law. She can often be found practicing yoga, hiking with her family upstate, working in her garden, or feeding her newborn baby.
To connect with Deb and the PYC Community:
Instagram & Facebook: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center