Sharing community birth stories offers an intimate connection between one parent and another. Sharing birth stories can be a form of childbirth education, as it helps to remove fear of the unknown and bring confidence, power and courage to those awaiting the transition from pregnancy to parenthood.
In this episode of Yoga| Birth |Babies, we hear the birth story of community member, yoga teacher, and founder of The Abbey, Caroline Williams. Caroline shares the challenges of early pregnancy, the life changing events she experienced while pregnant, and why she needed to adapt her birth plans during labor. Caroline beautifully explains the flexibility and resilience needed not just for birth but for the role as a parent.
In this episode you will learn:
- A bit about Caroline.
- As a prenatal yoga teacher, how Caroline’s perception of pregnancy, birth and motherhood differed as a prenatal yoga teacher from her first hand experience of it.
- Caroline’s pregnancy.
- How Caroline prepared for birth and gathered her birth team.
- The role fear and anxiety played in Caroline’s transition to motherhood.
- How Caroline came to peace with the transition into pregnancy and motherhood.
- 10 days past her due date! How that felt!
- Caroline’s birth story.
- Deciding the right time to transition to the hospital.
- How things unfolded once she got to the hospital.
- Handling a long pushing stage and what kept Caroline going.
- A tip/piece of advice Caroline has for new and expectant parents.
- Where to find Caroline’s work!
Support Our Sponsors:
- About 1 in 8 mothers have PPD and it can affect not only the mother but also the whole family. The Skylark Clinical trial is studying a potential medicine for women with PPD. For more information about the study and to see if you or a loved one might be eligible visitwww.skylarkppdstudy.com
- Make life a bit easier and Go to GreenChef.com/90ybb and use the code 90ybb to get $90 off including free shipping!” Enjoy Green Chef The #1 Meal Kit for Eating Well That’s GreenChef.com/90ybb
Caroline started her yoga journey over ten years ago, seeking a sense of peace while pursuing a career in politics. Five years ago she changed career paths when she completed her yoga teacher certification and started her YouTube channel which now has over 45,000 subscribers. She specializes in teaching faith-based yoga and prenatal yoga (having trained and taught at the Prenatal Yoga Center). Prior to COVID, she led yoga retreats around the world, but these days she leads an online yoga community called The Abbey from her home in the Pacfic Northwest. This Fall she welcomed her first baby.
If you love what you’ve been listening to, please leave a rating and review! Yoga| Birth|Babies
To connect with Deb and the PYC Community:
Instagram & Facebook: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center