25 Nov Being Transformed by Birth and Yoga with Mado Hesselink
In this episode of Yoga|Birth|Babies we dive into the topics I love most, yoga, birth and babies! Renowned yoga teacher, podcast host and yoga business strategist, Mado Hesselink shares her journey from her early 20s having her first child and to her late 30’s when having her second child. Mado also discusses how she balances being a yoga practitioner, teacher, and a parent. This powerful episode really has something for everyone… Expectant parents, New parents, yoga teachers, and yoga practitioners.
In this episode:
- Learn about Mado and what brought her into the world of yoga.
- Mado’s approach to yoga teaching and practice.
- How Mado’s teaching evolved as her practice evolved.
- Pregnancy and teacher training.
- Handling an unexpectedly quick first birth.
- Pregnancy as an “older mom” 12 years after Mado’s first birth.
- An unanticipated unassisted home birth!
- Yoga and pregnancy.
- Learning how to listen to your body on and off the mat
- How to pregnant students in a non prenatal yoga class.
- One tip/piece of advice Mado has for new or expectant parents AND for new yoga teachers.
- Where you can find Mado’s work!
Mado Hesselink, IAYT & E-RYT 500, helps yoga teachers integrate their heart-centered mission with practical business & teaching strategies so that they can make both an impact and a living.
On “The Yoga Teacher Resource”, her top-rated podcast with over 350K downloads, Mado draws from 15 years of teaching experience to share relevant stories, practical tips, and down-to-earth advice. Through individual and group programs, she guides participants to leverage their unique perspectives, talents, and vision into systems to build a successful and sustainable career. Her podcast was also listed as one of the top 10 resources for yoga teachers by momoyoga
Mado has been featured on other podcasts such as “The Connected Yoga Teacher”, “Marketing Yoga with Confidence”, “Mastering the Business of Yoga”, “Live Like You Love Yourself” and “The Yoga Health Coaching Podcast”.
Topics she covers include online small business strategy, the yoga industry, impostor syndrome, and the importance of ethics in business. Mado currently lives in Asheville, NC with her husband and two daughters.
Connect with Mado:
Support Our Sponsors & Get Great Deals:
- Over 85 million people around the world use Calm to take care of their minds and get better sleep. For listeners of Yoga| Birth |Babies, Calm is offering a special limited time promotion of 40% off a Calm Premium subscription at CALM.COM/YBB
- Orgain Collegen Peptides Powder: For Yoga | Birth | Babies community, get 20% off your first order PLUS extra savings when you subscribe. www.tryorgain.com/YBB
- If want you to start living a happier life today. get 10% off your first month by visiting betterhelp.com/ybb Join over 1 minion people taking charge of their mental health.
- Sick of planning new meals each night? Let Green Chef do the meal planning, grocery shopping, and most of the prep for you week after week Use my code ybb80 to get $90 off your first month plus free shipping on your first box! Go to greenchef.com/YBB90 to redeem and for more details. greenchef.com/YBB90
If you love what you’ve been listening to, please leave a rating and review! Yoga| Birth|Babies
To connect with Deb and the PYC Community:
Instagram & Facebook: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center