18 Aug Lori McAlister founder of Sequencology & Mother of 2
In this episode of Yoga | Birth | Babies I speak with acclaimed yoga educator, founder of Sequencology, and mother of 2 Lori McAlister. We talk about how Lori’s practice has evolved over time, how she was able to use yoga to deal with unexpected pregnancy complications, and how she uses the tools of her practice in parenting. Whether you’re a yogi or a parent you’ll enjoy our discussion.
- What brought Lori to yoga and her path since beginning her practice.
- What Lori’s practice looks like and what she teaches.
- What Lori’s practice was like while she was pregnant with her first child?
- Many advanced practitioners have a hard to surrendering to adjust their practice while pregnant, how Lori adjusted to the physical changes of her practice.
- How Lori’s practice changed from her first pregnancy to her second?
- How her yoga practice affected her births and parenting?
- How have she’s maintained balance in a teaching schedule and her role as a mother?
- A shift in goals and focus now as a parent.
- After having two children how her perspective of her practice changed?
- What Lori’s up to now and how you can study with her.
Lori McAlister (E-RYT 500, YACEP) is a celebrated international yoga educator and the creator of Sequencology, a teaching methodology for intelligent vinyasa. She has been a featured teacher at New York City’s top yoga studios, an adjunct faculty member on several teacher training staffs, and leads workshops, retreats and trainings around the globe. She has been featured in Vanity Fair, NY Yoga + Life Magazine, Style Magazine, and Bazaar Magazine. Lori currently lives in Bala Cynwyd with her husband, Raimon, and their son, Bodhi and daughter, Ona.
Originally from Maine, Lori earned her BFA in Dance from Emerson College in Boston, Massachusetts. She received her 200 hour yoga certification from New York Yoga under the direction of David Hollander, Michael Gilbert, and Govinda Kai. She also holds a 500 hour certification in Shiva Rea’s Prana Flow from Sonic Yoga and a 75 hour advanced Kula Flow teacher training with Schuyler Grant.
Connect with Lori:
To win the Matron Saint Gift Certificate email us a screenshot of your review: email@example.com
Use code PYC20 at checkout for 20% off your purchase at https://www.matronsaint.com