28 Oct Infertility with Dr. Brahma of Prelude Fertility
In this episode of Yoga | Birth | Babies, I speak with Reproductive Endocrinologist and Fertility Specialist, Dr Pavna Brahma. Dr Brahma and I discus the often emotionally charged topic of infertility, finding support and different options for having the family you want.
In this podcast:
- What defines infertility?
- How long does a couple have to try conceive before worrying about fertility?
- When one should consider getting fertility tested.
- The different fertility tests for the males and females.
- Various types of fertility issues that may occur.
- Contributing factors to infertility.
- Options for those facing fertility issues and the the sequence of the treatment.
- Jumping into IVF.
- Exploring a combination of disciplines, for example, yoga or acupuncture with traditional fertility treatments.
- Understanding and supporting the emotional side of infertility.
- When should one consider stopping fertility treatment?
About Dr. Pavna Brahma
Dr. Brahma is board certified in both Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility and Obstetrics and Gynecology by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology. She specializes in all aspects of fertility care. She has published papers in multiple peer-reviewed medical journals on topics such as polycystic ovary syndrome, premature ovarian insufficiency, insulin signaling and metabolism, and uterine anomalies. She is also a contributing author to book chapters and handbooks in the field of reproductive medicine. Dr. Brahma is a member of many medical organizations, including the American Society of Reproductive Medicine, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, and the Georgia Obstetrics and Gynecology Society.
Connect with Dr. Brahma: