What is Fertility Awareness Method also known as FAM? Well, it’s a method you can use to help you know the window in which you can conceive or the window in which if you don’t want to conceive you can abstain. There’s so much more to it. I’m just giving you the tip of the iceberg. And I have to say in full disclosure, that years ago when I was getting pregnant with my first child I used a book called Taking Charge of Your Fertility which is very similar to the FAM method. I found it really really helpful so that I could better understand my body. As a yoga teacher, I appreciate learning to listen and really explore what’s happening in my body. This methodology gives you insight into your body in a very deep way. I think you’re going to enjoy that.
To talk about FAM, I invited Chloe Skerlak, Holistic Reproductive Health Practitioner and Full Spectrum Fertility Awareness Educator to join me on today’s episode of Yoga| Birth| Babies. She has some really great information. We talk all about cervical fluid and the position of your cervix, taking pictures of your cervix, taking your temperature, and more. There’s so much great stuff packed into this conversation.
In this episode you will learn:
- Fertility Awareness Method explained.
- Besides trying to conceive or prevent pregnancy, other reasons (related to pregnancy & postpartum) why listeners might want to use FAM.
- How soon after giving birth someone can realistically start using FAM as an effective form of pregnancy prevention.
- Who would FAM is not a good fit for.
- Cervical mucus tracking.
- The effects postpartum hormones have on cervical mucus.
- How breastfeeding affects cycle tracking.
- Other postpartum factors that could impact cycle tracking.
- What info to look for with the cervix as it relates to cycle tracking.
- Tracking apps Chloe recommends.
- Tips for postpartum folks who want to try FAM.
- One final tip/piece of advice Chloe would like to offer new or expectant parents.
- Where you can people find Chloe’s work?
Chloe is a Holistic Reproductive Health Practitioner and Full Spectrum Fertility Awareness Educator. Infused with joy, laughter, and play, Chloe teaches fertility awareness education to everyone from menarche to menopause so they may know themselves fully, regain their sexual and reproductive sovereignty, become advocates for their own health, and live vibrant, healthy lives. Chloe also loves salsa dancing, full moon bathing, and playing the ukulele.
- Don’t forget to grab your FREE guide, 5 Simple Solutions to the Most Common Pregnancy Pains HERE
- If you love what you’ve been listening to, please leave a rating and review! Yoga| Birth|Babies
To connect with Deb and the PYC Community:
Instagram & Facebook: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center